• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Calling it like it is Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I'm tipping that 2015 will be a great year. According to Quade, who's seen things from the other side in the past, the players have accepted the need to act in a certain way on and off the field. QC (Quade Cooper) credits Cheika with instilling a culture. We may not win RWC 2015, but we're going to go close.

Welcome to 2015:)

I taken it Hooper and KB (Kurtley Beale) are aware of this?

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
How's this for a concept in the lead up to the RWC ? Put all the Wallabies on a pitch , then grouped behind them say each players coaches , key support people (could include parents , mentors , physios Referees, touchies etc) from the U8's through to club , rep , schoolboys , subbies , Shute Shield , Super 15 on the one pitch at the one time . That may send a statement to those within and those outside the game on just what it takes to make the elite level and the love of the game from the amateur to professional ranks . Message like : We all have a stake ..be proud etc.. And leave the ARU board out of it from a PR perspective .. run the ads and see how we go , or, are we to disconnected at this point ? How many people would show up if invited by a Wallaby ..10 , 20 , 50 per player or say 500 , 1000, 5000 on the pitch in some meaningful capacity .FORGET RIBBONS and CAUSES .start showcasing the essence of the game - we have a world cup to win !

Actually, for a TV ad, you could do that with just one player standing at the front of a massive flying wedge of the couple of hundred people who helped him get there. They wouldn't even have to be the actual people. You could sub in extras for the ones who couldn't show up or you were too cheap to bus in.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yes Chris , I thought of one player, but the risk seemed too great given the spotlight on holidays to Byron , potential DUI's , 4am sojourns at Hungry Jacks , Social Media Gaffs , lack of form , injury , political activism , Broken Glass Doors and walls . Given all of the above I thought it would have been better to spread the load . I remember the ARL has led a couple of times in the past with a marquee player and fallen flat on their face ....Maybe one or two players from each franchise , but feel a team approach could be harder to shoot down and drag in more interest . It would definitely be an ad , but could also be considered for a 1 hour presentation on Fox and or an Australian Story or 60 minutes piece .

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fuck that, We may just win the RWC 2015. Theres still too much Negativity about Australian Rugby right now. I think the Super rugby teams are the best they have ever been, with the rebels, force, brumbies, reds, Waratahs all having squads with the capability to make the six. i think our depth is good everywhere except lock, but that could change with Players possibly coming back to form like Horwill, and players developing further like Skelton, and Coleman, and Carter.

2015 WILL be a good year.

For me there is no grays, it will be a black year or white year. We will be eliminated by Wales and England at the pool, the biggest failure of Australian rugby or we'll win the WC by a fantastic way, crushing ABs at the grand final.

I hope with all my heart whichever the second option :D

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
For me there is no grays, it will be a black year or white year. We will be eliminated by Wales and England at the pool, the biggest failure of Australian rugby or we'll win the WC by a fantastic way, crushing ABs at the grand final.

I hope with all my heart whichever the second option :D

I have a similar kind of feeling actually. It'll either click and we go all the way or it'll be a train wreck and we don't get out of our group. I can't decide which just yet.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Quade's a bloody cliche master these days, evidently spent a few months in the 'how to give a professional sportsmen interview' class.
Michael Clarke has a bit of time to spare.

The worst sportsman for cliches was Aaron Baddelly. It did not matter how he was playing he "just took it one shot at a time through the stretch and hoped for a good result" usually there was a thank you to Jesus, especially when he won, not so much thanks for the bad shots when he lost

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I have a similar kind of feeling actually. It'll either click and we go all the way or it'll be a train wreck and we don't get out of our group. I can't decide which just yet.

Cheika has to take a 'crash through or crash' approach to this. And I do not refer to his previous work with masonry, glazing, or carpentry, though that gives an indication of the mindset required. So maybe he did line his troops up and tell them that it's the f**ken Catalina Wine Mixer. And with good reason, because despite the circumstances, there will be those that judge Cheika on how we go at the RWC. The least he should expect is commitment from the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.