• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Cooper is a flake

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
He was complete shite today the Blues should never have got that bonus point if that cockhead had gone for corner.

Anyway we won no thanks to Barnes who played flyhalf so I see no reason not to drop Cooper next week.

I should be writing positive topics but he has just fired me up big time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
"No thanks to Barnes" I hope that was a mistype?

Tell you what, if you knew it was a wet weather test match, Genia would be a very good option above Burgo. Likewise Barnes at 12.

So first away win since 2006 is it? Great but still frustrating.

McLinden and Taylor were very good too. As were the front row. Well tight 5 I guess.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I agree disco. He is very very frustrating. Bombed 3 tries I reckon, and really the only player who didn't stand up and perform. He just can't seem to commit to contact, either in defense or attack. I think he is just soft, but I hope he hardens the f*ck up because he has all the talent in the world.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
In Horwill defence he has had a very long lay off. Van Humphreys probably calmed things down a bit. I was surprised how well Tassie did at openside.

You have to wonder who would play 12 if Barnes moved in? Fianga?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i'm a huge fan of quade talent, maybe just more work need at training. getting him used to being hit.

who should they pick of back up 10?

T

TOCC

yeah Quade is in a bit of a slump at the moment, he is a emotive player, when he is playing well he plays very well, but when he is shit he is craptastic.. He is just in a rut at the moment, it wouldnt have boosted his confidence been shifted to 12 either.

I would really like to see Cooper at 15 and McLinden at 12

F

formeropenside

As Noddy suggested a little while ago, Ben Lucas at 10 could be interesting.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bombed 3 tries I reckon,

He sure did Scotty 1 in the 1st half along with Va'aulu & then 2 in the 2nd half.

Blues should have got nothing out of that game & they end up with 2 points they didn't deserve as we should have scored at least 7 tries & if Cooper had got low(like Barnes) & gone for the corner he would of scored & that would have seen out the 80 minutes.

I'd be happy with that but Cooper will hold his spot next week which is fine because we aren't playing a north island kiwi team.

"No thanks to Barnes" I hope that was a mistype?

yeah that's Coopers fault as well, Barnes was best on ground "with many thanks to Berrick Barnes"

So first away win since 2006 is it?
:thumb

P

PhucNgo

Scotty said:
I agree disco. He is very very frustrating. Bombed 3 tries I reckon, and really the only player who didn't stand up and perform. He just can't seem to commit to contact, either in defense or attack. I think he is just soft, but I hope he hardens the f*ck up because he has all the talent in the world.

Stick to the topic Scotty, surely this should be over on the Kurtley Beale thread. :nta:

F

formeropenside

Is this thread about Leroy Houston or Q. Cooper? Scotty's comment applies equally to each, I think.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
cyclopath said:
formeropenside said:
Not a bad idea that.

I'd like to see this, but are his ribs right yet? McKibbin showed that he can be a handy bench player, or they could go a 5/2 forward split, and bring Leroy on late in the game.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Can anyone remember Quade Cooper EVER doing a dominant front on tackle?

....Perhaps I should start with seeing him do a front on tackle?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Quade needs to learn when NOT to pass and he will be great, sometimes taking the tackle is the best option- he needs to look at video of teams scoring on the 15th phase, not the first.

Mclinden was awesome- let me be the first to put him in as a bolter for 2011

Good job all round, we actually played to our potential

S

steiner

Yeh Quade's been a bit flaky lately but he's still only a developing player. He'll go up and down as he develops but the overall movement should be up.
Lucas to 10 is a good idea and you'd like to move Cooper to fullback but you couldn't move McLinden from there at present.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Quade was a pretty savage front on tackler at school and it's disappointing that he hasn't taken that to the senior level. It's hard to assess young blokes for future success because this is the kind of thing you can't predict. Beale is the same, but I note that he has done a few more hard tackles, from the bench, this year.

Don't write these guys off yet though.

After Rd 10 Cooper was tops in the missed tackles department for Oz teams with 41 and had made more handling errors than anybody in the S14 at 39, not counting the scrummies. On the other hand, he was the top offloader in the S14 with 28.

R

Red Beard

Quade looks like he has all the skills in the book. One thing Ive noticed in the last two seasons is that the Chiefs have really made a piont of targetting him physically and both times it seemed to have put him off his game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Barnes stepping up may help Cooper understand that he doesn't need to score off every play, when he got his chance with Aus he was able to underplay his hand and looked great.

I think we are being too hard on some of these younglings. They are babies and going to make mistakes as they build experience.

But on the other hand they showing great potential, but making errors trying to do too much. (frustrating sure)

"Having a go" and trying should never be discouraged, just directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.