• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Floods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Brisbane is going a little manic. Anyone low is getting scared.

Wivenhoe's supply capacity is around 1.1 Million Megalitres. It then has a further 1.45M ML in flood storage ability. As of 9am this morning it had already gone over 2M ML. Only about 0.5M ML left before it goes over the top of the dam. They are already releasing 170,000 ML per day (this is equivalent to a third of the sydney harbour every day), but it is still increasing quickly (additional 0.65M ML in the last 48 hours alone).

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's just scary looking at it even on the telly. When I was over in QLD a few weeks ago I thought it was bloody wet, but this is just biblical.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Just walked across the road and in the space of 5 minutes I saw 4 pontoons floating down the river. One of them had 2 jet ski's on it.....

Enzedder

Frank Nicholson (4)
Spent a few pleasant hours with a Kiwi from just outside Brisbane a few days ago and sank more than a few beers. He's still over here but I wonder how his house is??
Good luck all you Queenslanders.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Have we heard from the Queenslanders on this site yet?

I hope they are all well and safe!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good luck to all the Queenslanders. Saw it all over on our papers and news. One thing to look at it on the telly but looking at it live sure as hell bring some sibbers. Yet still in SA we had drought in the Central Karoo and they had to drive drink water to some places.

T

Thomas

I'm lucky that my house is to high up to be touched by the floods, but our gutters have taken a beating!

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
From what I understand from Twitter RugbyReg could be in a little trouble. Last tweet said that he had moved all his furniture upstairs and is wishing that he could have gotten it all out.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Yeah, Reg has been offline a little while, bit worrying. I sent him a txt but no reply...

I am sweet, up high enough to not worry. Lots of water though.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
These floods are pretty damn exciting - for me at least. Great to be apart of a historic moment in Queensland history. Like you hear all the old geezers talk about the 1974 flood like they were in the bloody Great War, so it is exciting to know that Brisbane will again be experiencing something of that magnitude.

The thing I find funny, however, is that all the rich suburbs and property will be going under water - nobody learnt from the last big flood.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Must be bad, I mean it looks pretty full on on the Telly, but Reg hasn't logged in to G&GR all night!
Fortunately he's had time for twitter, otherwise we'd have to send out a search party

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
From what I understand from Twitter RugbyReg could be in a little trouble. Last tweet said that he had moved all his furniture upstairs and is wishing that he could have gotten it all out.

How's the Clarence looking where you are Matty?

H

Hodgy

good luck to all, seen some amazing videos

These floods are pretty damn exciting - for me at least. Great to be apart of a historic moment in Queensland history. Like you hear all the old geezers talk about the 1974 flood like they were in the bloody Great War, so it is exciting to know that Brisbane will again be experiencing something of that magnitude.

The thing I find funny, however, is that all the rich suburbs and property will be going under water - nobody learnt from the last big flood.

was in Brisbane in September and a mate showed me the flood line in the Brekky Creek hotel, was amazed at the time and can't believe it may come under threat again. Best wishes to all.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
How's the Clarence looking where you are Matty?

Took this photo at 7 am.
7ab7b6aa0921a24fe7f5793f12a95b67_view.jpg

My uncle set up that post yesterday. It had 350mm left until it goes under and then another 235mm until the top of the wall at his place.
BOM says that the river was at 7.43m at 7am and should peak at 7.6m at 9pm tonight but they said it was supposed to peak at 9am at 7.3.
The wall is somewhere around 8.0m to 8.5m depending on where you are standing.
The old guy across the street still says we should be fine but it passed what he thought it would be yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.