• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Having spoken to a few of the ‘Brisbane based’ Rebels over the past 24hrs, I don’t think it’ll be the Super Rugby clubs having to pick the Rebels carcass clean.

A lot of players are already trying to look after themselves. Not something to be further discussed in this thread obviously but the players faith in the longevity of their Melbourne based careers is eroded.

It’s really no different to other industries, when the cuts start coming, the A team know it’s time to make their own moves.

Wallaby Ways

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't like the idea of poaching players while their team is still playing, but what I will hate more is if the Reds sit back on moral grounds and we miss out on top line players because other teams sign them up.
I rekon there’ll be phone calls between clubs and managers this week.
Reds should go after Gordon and Leota.
Force should target Thor and Lurkhan.

Wallaby Ways

Chris McKivat (8)
I’m with Adam. Whatever happens will happen but as fellow fans I’d like to think we have some compassion for the Rebels fans and avoid discussions of picking up their players.
Definitely feeling for the Rebels fans.
Just think that if the Reds can secure Gordon at 10, and maybe Leota, there is a lot more strike and attacking potency.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
41 players, a couple there I don’t recognise.

back row, 2nd from left, and far right.
And who is that between Annan and Ravai, is that Connor Vest with hair?

IMG_4903.jpeg

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
41 players, a couple there I don’t recognise.

back row, 2nd from left, and far right.
And who is that between Annan and Ravai, is that Connor Vest with hair?

View attachment 18144
I was going to say back row 2nd from left was Cormac Daly, but that might be him between Vunivalu and Smith. Far right looks super familiar, I think maybe John Bryant?

Agree that it's Vest with hair, he's also only an inch taller than Annan on listed height's so that lines up.
Edit: Just had a look at his instagram, Vest has grown his hair out so I think it's definitely him.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ahh yes Byrant and Brial would be the other two players in back row, just not sure which is which

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes Byrant and the kiwi open side would be the other two players, just not sure which is which
Yeah Joe Brial is the one on the second from the left, thought he was in the 2nd row but just realised that's Connor Anderson

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
if y'all want someone like Leota without having to pick over the carrion just yet, go get Reece Hewat home. He's playing the house down for Pau, really good at breaking tackles and awesome across the ball. Would complement your current backrow very nicely.

• Love
Reactions: Ras

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
if y'all want someone like Leota without having to pick over the carrion just yet, go get Reece Hewat home. He's playing the house down for Pau, really good at breaking tackles and awesome across the ball. Would complement your current backrow very nicely.
Wouldn't mind seeing Hewat back in Brisbane, but at the same time I don't think we need to be wasting cap space on more back row options right now. The set we've got is still relatively young and already very strong and both Brial and Bryant look like great options coming through. That might change if some move on, but Anderson, Wright and Bryant are the only ones off contract and I can't see us loosing Wright or Bryant at this stage.