• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
Just a thought but if the focus on recruitment for next year is still to promote from the QLD Premier Rugby pathways then Will Sankey wouldn't be a bad pickup. Would come relatively cheap and already has some super rugby experience. He was also an absolute monster on the weekend against the Wests pack.

Greenback16

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know how Liam Wright's shoulder injury has gone? Did he have surgery or is he rehabbed? Eddie naming Tom Hooper at 7 today has me thinking Wright is exactly the type of 7 he is looking for, but not selected in the squad

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone know how Liam Wright's shoulder injury has gone? Did he have surgery or is he rehabbed? Eddie naming Tom Hooper at 7 today has me thinking Wright is exactly the type of 7 he is looking for, but not selected in the squad

He’s had a horror run.

His latest contract had a Japanese gap year rhat unfortunately he had to cancel due to his injury

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The Roar can reveal the four-Test All Blacks prop has put pen to paper and will help ease the pain of losing Taniela Tupou, who earlier this year joined the Rebels. His arrival will also help given the departures of Reds props Dane Zander and Harry Hoopert.

Confirmed Alex Hodgman has signed. But Zander and Hoopert gone as well! Hoopert had an horrid injury run but Zander was given ample opportunity and his development had plateau’d short of Super Rugby quality.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/08/...-to-help-ease-tupou-blow-JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)-signs-extension-deal/

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Confirmed Alex Hodgman has signed. But Zander and Hoopert gone as well! Hoopert had an horrid injury run but Zander was given ample opportunity and his development had plateau’d short of Super Rugby quality.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/08/...-to-help-ease-tupou-blow-JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)-signs-extension-deal/
No surprises that Zander has been let go, he just wasn't up to the level. Still young though, so if he can pick up a deal in Europe he could kick on in time. Sadder to lose Hoopert but I'm not sure we have room to gamble on his return from injury, at least not enough to meet what he could get likely elsewhere. Hopefully he comes back strong and goes well for the Force, I really rate his potential as a prop.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cameron Orr bought in to round out the loose head side.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I feel bad for Hoopert as I think he showed more than Zander but was just injured. I hope both can go off to France or something, earn some coin and perhaps come back as better players.
That roar article has Hoopert signing with the Force.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Confirmed Hodgman signed too.

800px-BluesSuperRugbyLogo.svg.png

facepalm(1).png

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
If I was reds recruitment i'd seriously have a look at Alex Fidow for prop. Former Hurricanes prop/nz under 20's etc Damaging runner real mobile for a prop.

He left hurricanes and nz rugby last year to play Q cup for souths logan this year. Started the season as a backrower in league and was absolutely killing it. For whatever reason injury or performance he hasn't been playing for them for majority of the season. Could be a real handy pick up to replace Tupou. Although he might need to pack on the weight again cos he trimmed down considerably to play in the backrow for league.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just a note for you Reds fans that Kalani Thomas was superb for Auckland today in his NPC debut off of the bench (he got 30 minutes). Was a huge reason Auckland came back and won. His quick and accurate service helped transform the Auckland attack and aside from one misplaced offload he was error free.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Just a note for you Reds fans that Kalani Thomas was superb for Auckland today in his NPC debut off of the bench (he got 30 minutes). Was a huge reason Auckland came back and won. His quick and accurate service helped transform the Auckland attack and aside from one misplaced offload he was error free.
Working with a quality ex-scrumhalf as Head Coach (Criag McGrath) will be good for his development