• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Uru has always possessed qualities that made him intriguing. it seems to be really gelling in Round 1. Pushing that sort of selection pressure around is fabulous.

For mine though, the Wallabies can get knotted, right now we focus on what the Reds need. Wallabies have planty to prove, along with the rabble organisation around them, before we start considering dictating positions at the Reds.
Reds need proper locks. Fine against the tripe the Tahs can offer up but I don't think Uru in the row will get it done against the Kiwis.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Reds need proper locks. Fine against the tripe the Tahs can offer up but I don't think Uru in the row will get it done against the Kiwis.
Uru was a bit lose in the first trial but in the other two games this year he’s looked every bit a proper lock. The fact he has the mobility to be a 6 shouldn’t be a reason not to pick him at 4.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I get where you are coming from, but it would seem it is where he is going to be positioned for now. Canes shortly so we will see.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
From the Rebels thread in reference to Reds vs British and Irish Lions tickets

Has anyone seen these, did i miss the membership pre-sale?
Out of our group of members half got the email half have not. Pre-sale open until 05/03 and you can only buy 2 tickets with each password.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah i've emailed them, it's still pretty poor though.
If it's limited supply of pre-sale tickets for members, then you'd expect everyone should receive it at the same time. There hasn't been any communication about it up until now, unless i've missed those also.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
bahaha thats hilarious. Its not really marketing but it is. I'll think twice the next time I opt out of anything.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds have sold out their travel package to the crusaders game less than 24 hours after first posting it.
1000015289.png

Not sure if it was actually on sale longer than that and it's it'll only be 70-100 spots given its an alliance airlines charter but that's still a great response. I imagine sponsors would be very happy to see that sort of buy in. Always helps to start the season off with a good win.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Development side to play Souths this weekend:
1709181316135.jpeg

Good to see Blyth is back fit and available for selection. Injury position is so much better this year across the squad. I think it's just O'Connor De Lutiis and Anderson out now. Maybe Riori and Goldsbourough too given they've not been named here. Also really happy to see the Reds getting more of these development side games on the schedule, it's one thing the other Australian sides have generally done better than us the last few years.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
View attachment 18310
Good to see Blyth is back fit and available for selection. Injury position is so much better this year across the squad. I think it's just O'Connor De Lutiis and Anderson out now. Maybe Riori and Goldsbourough too given they've not been named here. Also really happy to see the Reds getting more of these development side games on the schedule, it's one thing the other Australian sides have generally done better than us the last few years.
Pretty impressed with the Reds' depth if you can roll out that team (tight 5 in particular) as a development side.

Great that they're getting game time.

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
View attachment 18310
NO better training than playing. I trust this will be the LK strategy going forward in to the QPR season where those not selected are playing club rugby and watching from the sidelines in their team uniform.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
bahaha thats hilarious. Its not really marketing but it is. I'll think twice the next time I opt out of anything.
hah jokes on me. Life member - everyone else received their codes except me. How good are the Tahs............

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
NO better training than playing. I trust this will be the LK strategy going forward in to the QPR season where those not selected are playing club rugby and watching from the sidelines in their team uniform.
i support it 100% but jeez it can be risky when you have say 3 hookers i your squad and the one who plays club gets injured...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
i support it 100% but jeez it can be risky when you have say 3 hookers i your squad and the one who plays club gets injured...

With all the injuries we had two seasons ago let Matty Fasseler get his crack and look how well that panned out for us.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see Tuqiri still getting a shot. I hear he’s close to heading to the land of roundabouts.