• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I quite enjoyed 2012 and 2013, though obviously would have loved to have won. We played some insane rugby those years, especially against NZ and RSA teams. I have no recollection of 2014 and will never.
Yeah - you’re right. I guess it was just at that time that we were talking about dynasties but, behind the scenes, things were already changing for the worse. In reality I don’t really remember much of the specifics other than we did continue to be competitive for a couple of years.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah - you’re right. I guess it was just at that time that we were talking about dynasties but, behind the scenes, things were already changing for the worse. In reality I don’t really remember much of the specifics other than we did continue to be competitive for a couple of years.
Exact same shit with the Tahs. After we won Cheika came out saying he wanted to build a Crusader like dynasty. He went to the Wallabies and the Tahs remained finalist contenders for a year or two before complete shitshow set in.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
2012 was a pass mark. Biggest blemish losing a home semi against the Sharks
QC (Quade Cooper) got himself suspended, Ben Lucas got injured early on and we ended up playing Genia at 10 IIRC in that semi.

No chance once that happened and Freddie Michalack got going at 10 for the Sharks

dru

Tim Horan (67)
QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) got himself suspended, Ben Lucas got injured early on and we ended up playing Genia at 10 IIRC in that semi.

No chance once that happened and Freddie Michalack got going at 10 for the Sharks

Ouch. Repressed memory re-activated.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) got himself suspended, Ben Lucas got injured early on and we ended up playing Genia at 10 IIRC in that semi.

nah, Lucas started in the semi. It was the season that we had to use Dallan Murphy and Sam Lane at 10 though.

It was Frisby there in 2015 that was the real lowpoint.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
nah, Lucas started in the semi. It was the season that we had to use Dallan Murphy and Sam Lane at 10 though.

It was Frisby there in 2015 that was the real lowpoint.
For one and a half games there Sam Lane looked like a world beater, and then he blew up his knee. Him and Peter Hynes are the two players more than any others that I wish I could've seen what they were capable of with a full career not plagued by injury.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
For one and a half games there Sam Lane looked like a world beater, and then he blew up his knee. Him and Peter Hynes are the two players more than any others that I wish I could've seen what they were capable of with a full career not plagued by injury.
Lane was around for a long time in the Shute Shield with Manly and he was ok. Good 10 at that level but I don't think a starting Super Rugby player.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Christy Doran at the Roar said in a article today that Jock Campbell is entertaining offers outside of Rugby Australia

• Wow
Reactions: dru

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
You'd have to think the feeling that something special could be brewing at the Reds might've come at the right time to keep some of the names mentioned from departing. Hopefully all the AU teams keep up the, by and large, improved competitiveness that we've seen so far this season. Might work in our favour in more ways than one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You'd have to think the feeling that something special could be brewing at the Reds might've come at the right time to keep some of the names mentioned from departing.

It's the Wallabies money that's the issue (or the lack thereof for those outside of the top up system).

For 90%+ of the players you really can't turn down a couple of hundred grand a year because you think something special might be brewing.