• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R10 Brumbies vs Stormers - 11:05PM

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Great game by the Brumbies, lovely prolonged periods of defense with out conceding penalties. Could teach the Rebels a trick or two.

Speight surprisingly good in defense. I thought Powell was very good and of course Arnold was another level in maul defense.

Also thought Briant is a pretty decent ref.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Boy do the brumbies would have to have the best depth in quality back row stocks

If Poey is back next week, I'd like to see Brown move to 6, Poey at 7 and Samu at 8. When fit, Valetini would come straight back in while McCaffrey and Samu would have a ding dong battle for the No 8 spot.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great game by the Brumbies, lovely prolonged periods of defense with out conceding penalties. Could teach the Rebels a trick or two.

Speight surprisingly good in defense. I thought Powell was very good and of course Arnold was another level in maul defense.

Also thought Briant is a pretty decent ref.
Agree with all of that, Speight use to be an amazing defender, his been off the boil for awhile, but lets hope his getting his groove back.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
But played as the open side flanker in the SA formation.
Just remember you saying earlier that you where happy for him being selected at 7 in his proper position, if that's the talent we have at (I don't know what drop 4th ? ) feeling better about losing Poey next year (little).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brown looks like your typical NZ No 7. Always on the ball and a constant threat of making a turnover. Can also carry good as he has a relatively lower centre of gravity.

Cbrando

Bob McCowan (2)
I
If Poey is back next week, I'd like to see Brown move to 6, Poey at 7 and Samu at 8. When fit, Valetini would come straight back in while McCaffrey and Samu would have a ding dong battle for the No 8 spot.
I’ll be controversial and say that the Brumbies seem to play better without Poey. Maybe give him a shift off the pine next week.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I
I’ll be controversial and say that the Brumbies seem to play better without Poey. Maybe give him a shift off the pine next week.

Nah, they've had some big losses while Poey has been out as well. They have been inconsistent, not only week to week but within the duration of single games, this year and are just getting back to their form from late last year. Poey will improve any team he plays for.

Reactions: TSR

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slot McCaffrey back at 8, give Brown the 7 jersey and let him continue to play the game he put in against the Stormers, and move Samu to 6. If McCaffrey isn't over his injury, then Cusack gets a run at 6.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Steven Kitshoff takes his usual position during the game...

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.01.23 pm.png