• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R12: Waratahs vs Rebels - Saturday 13 May

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Big game for both sides. The Rebels just about have to win to keep their finals hopes alive.

The Tahs are by no means guaranteed a finals spot and need to try and stay ahead of the pack fighting for the 6th - 8th spots. They will also be keen for revenge on their loss earlier in the season.

Taleni Seu will be a big loss for the Tahs assuming he isn't right to play. Hopefully Ned Hanigan and Tane Edmed are both available.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Big game for both sides. The Rebels just about have to win to keep their finals hopes alive.

The Tahs are by no means guaranteed a finals spot and need to try and stay ahead of the pack fighting for the 6th - 8th spots. They will also be keen for revenge on their loss earlier in the season.

Taleni Seu will be a big loss for the Tahs assuming he isn't right to play. Hopefully Ned Hanigan and Tane Edmed are both available.
you lose Seu we lose Kemeny

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
If Edmed isn't fit it's time to give Jack Bowen a go.
I doubt that’s going to happen I’d say that he’s slated down for next year. Im sure is also off to U20 Championship from 24 June to 14 July, so they might not be happy for him to be rushed into super rugb.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Take it easy Rebels. NSFW are right where we want them on the table now, 6th place, nicely cued up for a playoff visit to EDEN PARK, home of the New Zealand Rugby Football Auckland Blues of Auckland New Zealand.

nod-zoom-in.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
difficult to change the 10 now, we are winning and throwing a unit in who we have little evidence will be any better ................................. dunno

we have a barely functioning backline and we have little evidence edmed gets a backline functioning any better

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We beat the Force, Reds and Highlanders. That’s barely winning. Has to be a change now if we’re to do anything in the playoffs because Donaldson ain’t it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We beat the Force, Reds and Highlanders. That’s barely winning. Has to be a change now if we’re to do anything in the playoffs because Donaldson ain’t it.
I just don't see edmed as an upgrade and we aren't going to drop Bowen in, so I am on the side of whatever cohesion we are gaining by rolling out the same backline for a few weeks

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I just don't see edmed as an upgrade and we aren't going to drop Bowen in, so I am on the side of whatever cohesion we are gaining by rolling out the same backline for a few weeks
At this point they might as well just give Donaldson the last few games of the season to see if he can come good and if he doesn't move him on in the summer.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So who is going to win it fellas? I expect you Aussies to give me inside oil before I do my picks. ;)

I will admit I leaning to Rebels at moment though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So who is going to win it fellas? I expect you Aussies to give me inside oil before I do my picks. ;)

I will admit I leaning to Rebels at moment though.
Pretty evenly matched. The Rebels overall seem like the better side but they do a lot of boneheaded shit that undermines all the good work they do.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I think the injury to Seu might just swing it in the rebels favor. Tahs are going to have a hell of a time countering Ekuasi and Hardwick, and that's before you consider the ball carrying in the rebels front row.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think the injury to Seu might just swing it in the rebels favor. Tahs are going to have a hell of a time countering Ekuasi and Hardwick, and that's before you consider the ball carrying in the rebels front row.
It will likely mean Gamble will start with Hooper & Gleeson, that is fine, but the bench is starting to get threadbare around the locks