• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rams v Stars — Sat 13th Sept — NRC @ Pirtek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
GWS way too good. Rams 47 - 18 Stars at FT.

The Rams are really coming together as a team. They have been really impressive over the last two weeks with PLENTY of improvement still in them. Only caught the second half but from what I saw:
  • Mafi, Hollaway and Roach have gone really well, the scrum again has been dominant and the backs have looked much better this week.
  • I'm still not overly impressed with Swanepoel.
  • For the Stars, McCutcheon played well in a beaten pack. Not so impressed with the tight five (starters or finishers).
  • Some of the back play was good and I liked the Stars fullback (missed his name).
From an attractive rugby point of view the game shat all over mungo. The interplay of passing made the one-pass charge and wrestle look really boring. The rule changes on penalties have really sped the game up and it's great watching.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
From an attractive rugby point of view the game shat all over mungo. The interplay of passing made the one-pass charge and wrestle look really boring. The rule changes on penalties have really sped the game up and it's great watching.
Yep. Good stuff.

I'd still like to to see the defences improve a bit though. A bit more conditioning into them maybe to help.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Why?
They are already part of the leading team in the comp and coleman is the easts head coach.
Uni brought any inability to compete on themselves - mind you Randwick would have too if they'd had their own way
Fair call. I like what the Eagles are doing, and the Easts ties look strong there.

Sydney Uni want to keep it going and will probably just work hard on playing and recruiting better for next year.

Not sure that the Wicks could do the same, though. Maybe they just stick with the Eagles.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure that the Wicks could do the same, though. Maybe they just stick with the Eagles.

Oh - I expect that Randwick want out - they were talking about it the day after it was announced: that's why I reacted!!
But I am fairly comfortable that they would not be able to suppress their ego in a partnership with the corporation. Both want to stand alone.
Its really good for the game that Uni/Balmain are struggling and its great for the Beasts that the Eagles are going so well.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Those mungo commentators loved it.

Firstly, one of them played for the Wildfires. Secondly, it is in their commercial interest to love it, to at least to sound enthusiastic about it.

Great to see the Twinkles put back into their box, current Wallaby tight five forwards and all.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I wish there wasn't commentary.

Well you should have come to the Bavarian, then the game, if you wanted quality commentary i.e. me. You goose.

For whomsoever mentioned it above: there WERE big wraps on the Stars, mostly from their main backer, Sydney Uni.

Uni had been telling us for years that they could go it alone and still be a force in rugby. Somehow, between the bullshit and the JV organisation, that hasn't happened.

Maybe now they'll be happy to be PART of rugby, instead of rugby itself.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I watched some of it back, and while they weren't my cup of tea, their love of sport was evident.

Can't say that about some of the curmudgeonly shitlips with opinions on the NRC...

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Yeah the main commentator, Pete Jolly, is predominantly a rugby league caller and newsreader. He's called the Newcastle RL this season for BarTV. The other commentator, Gareth Wasik, is a rugby bloke and calls the Newcastle comp. He also does standup comedy apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.