• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What is the future looking like for Les Kiss?

Kiss will be in charge of the summer tour of US and Canada. Hope that Schmidt gets the final call on whether Kiss is retained or not.

Link may not be coming to Ireland but it looks like another Aussie might be, Matt O'Connor currently at Leicester has apparently been lined up by Leinster to be Schmidt's replacement.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
No final decisions on Schmidt's coaching staff beyond Les Kiss being in charge of the tour to north America. St Joe came across as very modest and self effacing and gave the very clear impression that he knows he has plenty to learn.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Delighted that Schmidt has been appointed was the best choice for the job. However I wouldn't want any of the current ticket retained especially that spoofer Kiss, he should have been sacked a long time ago. I would give an nod to Foley, he oversaw Irelands best function this year but I think he needs to go abroad and develop outside his comfort zone.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
That only applies if you aren't Welsh, Phillips and Jenkins are certainties (rightly or wrongly) to be picked

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thought Wilkinson has been mentioned in despatches that he was under great consideration, and after his performance on the weekend, he'd be a shoo in!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Thought Wilkinson has been mentioned in despatches that he was under great consideration, and after his performance on the weekend, he'd be a shoo in!
Why? Sure he can kick but he spends the whole game so deep that you wonder whether the pitch will be long enough at times. Your fella Giteau is the creative spark for that dreadful shower of soulless mercenaries at Toulon, on the rare occasions they don't just hoof the ball upfield and look to pass/ run Giteau is first receiver, while Wilkinson plods up to be missed out in the move. He is effectively a gridiron punter/ field goal kicker. I will be delighted if he is in the squad as the clamour for him to start, ahead of Sexton, from the half wits in the British media will further undermine morale and make the Lions implosion that I am hoping for more likely. Rumours of 9 to 12 Irish tourists are not amusing me, but hopefully only one from Munster.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
That only applies if you aren't Welsh, Phillips and Jenkins are certainties (rightly or wrongly) to be picked
I am not sure Jenkins will be picked myself, he was shite when he came on against the saffas on sunday. Healy, Grant and Vunipola (even though he can't scrummage). Phillips will be free to tour as Bayonne are not in the T14 play offs.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
So the 6 Nations have the lowest try totals in ages. I saw this coming. Rugby league defensive coaches then add endless rucks which ends in endless penalties, teams do not want to kick it out due to third or tries being scored of lineout and what is left to catch out the defense? The scrums. What happened to the scrums? Disaster endless penalties that they became irrelevant for try scoring.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So the 6 Nations have the lowest try totals in ages. I saw this coming. Rugby league defensive coaches then add endless rucks which ends in endless penalties, teams do not want to kick it out due to third or tries being scored of lineout and what is left to catch out the defense? The scrums. What happened to the scrums? Disaster endless penalties that they became irrelevant for try scoring.
Agree about dominant defences but don't underestimate how terrible the weather was during the tournament. On the first week end when the weather was good for the three games there were a rake of tries.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Agree about dominant defences but don't underestimate how terrible the weather was during the tournament. On the first week end when the weather was good for the three games there were a rake of tries.
Cmon WP and the Tjarkies played a Currie Cup final in a Durban piss storm and the handling was superb. This is from players that can say summer is a couple of months and not its your favorite day of the year like over there in the UK. Apart from first game the Welsh went back to old tactics that worked last year and won another 6 nations with it. French ending with a wooden spoon. What is the coaches doing with the French players. They have coached the so called French flair out of them and its bash and slash with a 9 that is slower than a 90 year old granny who's in a wheelchair with no wheels on it.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Cmon WP and the Tjarkies played a Currie Cup final in a Durban piss storm and the handling was superb. This is from players that can say summer is a couple of months and not its your favorite day of the year like over there in the UK. Apart from first game the Welsh went back to old tactics that worked last year and won another 6 nations with it. French ending with a wooden spoon. What is the coaches doing with the French players. They have coached the so called French flair out of them and its bash and slash with a 9 that is slower than a 90 year old granny who's in a wheelchair with no wheels on it.
I don't think you are comparing like with like there Rassie, the six nations is an international competition, Currie cup a club/ franchise one. Plus it was not just the wet, it was the combination of the wet and freezing cold. And the fact that it has not really stooped raining up here for a year so the pitches are all fecked as well.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think you are comparing like with like there Rassie, the six nations is an international competition, Currie cup a club/ franchise one. Plus it was not just the wet, it was the combination of the wet and freezing cold. And the fact that it has not really stooped raining up here for a year so the pitches are all fecked as well.
If you look back in the 70's and 80's a English rolling mauls in the mud was the 5/6 Nations!

Status
Not open for further replies.