• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC4 - Australia v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Ugly scenes after the match. The players were signing autographs/talking to fans and a crowd member grabbed Tui, started abusing him and wouldn't let go

@BlockaDutton: Woah. Understand frustration from wallabies fans, but no room for this. Ugly at the Gold Coast. Push and shove between fans and players https://t.co/rIduG6ajgj

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As I said on the Wallabies thread, it was brewing for at least 2-3 minutes in the background as Kafer interviewed Hodge with the same bloke. WTF was the security, it should have been nipped in the bud early and the bloke marched. Drunken idiots aside it should be a wake up call for the RA at how bad things are getting in the fan base, if the plummeting crowd numbers haven't done it.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What coach could potentially fix the Wallabies? Jake White? Nucifora? The Crusaders coach?

Nobody in all honesty as there are just too many players like Hooper, Folau etc guaranteed places in the squad and team because they are being paid far too much and RA must play them to get some sort of ROI as they have no other cash and while players are in such a position there is no real accountability or incentive to improve on their fundamentally poor skills. If there was players like Folau would have learned how to kick, he can't even take a free kick effectively

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did the crowd member grab Tui first? On what I saw it looked the other way round after the fan was hurling around some verbal advice to all and sundry.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nobody in all honesty as there are just too many players like Hooper, Folau etc guaranteed places in the squad and team because they are being paid far too much and RA must play them to get some sort of ROI as they have no other cash and while players are in such a position there is no real accountability or incentive to improve on their fundamentally poor skills. If there was players like Folau would have learned how to kick, he can't even take a free kick effectively

And we’ve seen that movie before with the big contracts of Hello, Lote and Medicare Matt. All on Hollywood dollars meant they had to be picked regardless of form.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
The crowd member was miffed but the scuffle came about when other guests tried to remove him. There was nothing physically threatening about his actions prior to that. Goodness knows how or why the players got involved.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
And we’ve seen that movie before with the big contracts of Hello, Lote and Medicare Matt. All on Hollywood dollars meant they had to be picked regardless of form.
Yes he did, after the crowd member was pointing in his face and obviously said something pretty offensive (possibly your an overpaid cream puff who can't carry). Given how he was marked away by the throat by another crowd member I don't think Tui was in any danger at any time apart from perhaps being vomited on by a drunk.

Problem for me is as I said the absent Security should have been there well before that point when the abuse and yelling could be heard over the interview with Hodge by Kafer, and they were commenting on it, surely the producer or some other official called the security in to get the gimp away as he was out of hand.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fan provoked it all. Had a number 9 on his wallaby jersey, definitely a Phipps fan for sure.... as he was acting like him when losing and still barks orders, he just didn’t have a boot to throw at Tui.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Copy and pasted a Jim Tucker tweet

Lukhan Tui has told Wallabies teammates he wants to take break from the game after family tragedy and sister brought to tears by ugly fan act #AUSvARG

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Copy and pasted a Jim Tucker tweet

Lukhan Tui has told Wallabies teammates he wants to take break from the game after family tragedy and sister brought to tears by ugly fan act #AUSvARG
Fuck me shit is grim.

Its just a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m not going to point fingers at players and coaches for my rant. They are all genuinely doing the best they can, but that doesn’t mean they could do better with the right structures around.

We need centralization and we need it now, no more shute shield final fiasco leading to NRC embarrassment we saw today, no more Rebels governance bullshit, no more NSW/QLD led decisions, no more closed off private school competitions, Canberra Mafia getting away with shit at the Brumbies, no more stock piling of players, no more sending u20s teams to represent the country understrength and under prepared, no more old boys network, no more coaching out of date ideals that the game has moved on from 15yrs ago, could go on. It’s time to get David nucifora or Scott johnson over to oversea all the program, just like they have done in Ireland and Scotland. I’m happy to get behind the players as I genuinely believe they are doing their best it’s the system that’s failing them and I’m not talking about tactics, the players are just a product of the game here where they learn these deficiencies, change these structures and the next gen will be better for it

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fuck me shit is grim.

Its just a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

About as grim as I can remember it in Australian Rugby. I'm a Gen X'er though and my interest in the game started in a period when we were starting to be OK (the 80's) and don't remember the really dark days before that.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
This was somewhat clear that it was coming, even if Folau throws that last pass it’s just papering over the cracks, our general skill set isn’t really up to it. There was a lot of chat in the lead up about how leaving Foley out, moving Folau to the wing, and having no Pooper would suddenly fix all our woes, we’ve seen that is clearly not the case. About the only good thing that could come from this is a full overhaul of the coaching, national structure (i.e. move to centralisation), and funding system but financing constraints may prevent this from happening.

It’ll be a tough game in South Africa, can’t see us winning but I’ll still watch.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Sorry, but that is a bullshit read.

Literally zero people on this board (or any other, I would guess) have suggested that changing those players would fix everything.

On the one hand, those of us that maintain that the entire coaching staff needs boning frequently get told that:

a) there's not enough time for the new coaches to do their thing (to which I would respond: could it really be any worse?); Or
b) we don't have the money (and I suspect this is true); or
C) its the cattle so there's no point
D) they arent going to do it regardless.

On the other hand, given the constraint of having a grossly incompetent coaching staff, we then turn to discussing how we can improve on the field. Folau can still do his thing from the wing, and DHP is a better 15. As for Pooper, we have lost plenty of tests with them playing together, so let's not throw out the prospect of not doing so even though it didn't make up for everything else tonight. As for Foley, it was as much his consistent pairing with Beale that people took issue with and finally people are seeing now that Beale's one line break every 5 tests doesn't make up for his consistently poor ball handling (not even in contact) and poor defense.

The whole system needs a reboot, but sliding to 7th and potentially further isn't a reflection of where this country should be if the people in the coaching box knew what they were doing.

Given how quick people on here are to mention that the coach isn't going anywhere and that there's therefore no point going on about it, its a bit fucking tiring to constantly read about how the administration needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Like, no shit it does. We've had a shit structure and no money forever. Which is easier and faster to acquire? A new coach or an entirely new administration with financially sustainable 2nd and 3rd tier comps and all the rest of it?

Because if the wallabies don't turn into something (and quickly) that can at least demand a little bit of respect at least some of the time, there will be fuck all people left to fund the new structure or give a shit about it when it exists.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cheika has lost them. The effort just was not there as if they were expecting to win.

RA needs to be restructured from the pointy end. 7th...........fark me

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Cheika has lost them. The effort just was not there as if they were expecting to win.

RA needs to be restructured from the pointy end. 7th.....fark me
The good thing about being 7th is there’s plenty of upside!

Something has to give now I think, sounds like Tui is the evidence of cracks appearing in the playing group. He’s only just become a wallaby and he wants a break? He did look close to tears after the incident with the fan though.

I don’t think there’s much room to improve on the 30 or so blokes in the squad. You could make a case for a couple of fringe players being replaced by some other fringe players, that’s about it.

It’s their execution that’s the problem, and that obviously comes down to coaching despite the Fox crew saying it doesn’t. Do we need to change the coaching setup or do they just need to shred the current plan and go back to ground zero? I said before the game the biggest issue is they are trying to play too structured. The net outcome of that is there’s no plan B.

I don’t really know what the answer is.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
No it wasn’t why they deserved to win but whether these TMO calls go for or against us I’ll call them out as nonsense.

Both were 50/50 calls which should have been called by the on field officials
Agreed but in real time the first one was clearly out and was called as such by the AR and the ref called the second one forward but went upstairs to check. I have no problem with them going upstairs to check, it’s the amount of time that process takes which irks me.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You need to watch Channel 10 if you are able to receive it. Matt Burke is about the best analyst in world rugby commentary at the moment, Sharpey is insighful and Gordon just does his thing.

Geez I agree with that so much QH, I changed over about 30 minutes into test, when I remembered how good I always found that commentary team. they really are good and insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.