• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 13 Reds vs Blues, Fri May 19, 2023

Reds vs Blues

• Reds by 20+

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Reds by 10+

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Reds in a tight one

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Blues in a tight one

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Blues by 10+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Blues by 20+

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • B.Barrett can f*** right off f*** that mercenary cotton-wooling c**tshart

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • The Blues "attacking patterns" look like my cock and balls after stepping on a landmine.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Both these teams can suck it

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Rugby Reg smells like an old wet goat.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
That 10/12 combination makes me nervous with some of the big boopers from the Blues. Could be a turnstyle kind of night.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to see Flook back and I'm happy that Uru is starting at 8 again. Hopefully he'll play a similar game to last week. Concerned about Zander on the bench though. Not really keen on seeing him run on if our scrum is under the pump.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
can we get some shirts printed
Sure, here ya go:

quade1_zpsn3lzgld2.png

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah hopefully Annan can have a better game at 12 than he had at 13, and with some proper preparation this time.

Wouldn't have hated to see 11. Grealy 12. Flook 13. Daugunu though
Yeah I’m nervous for Annan. He could well be the answer in a few years, but at this stage don’t think he is ready for Super Rugby, particularly in defence. Guess having Lynagh on the bench gives the option of moving Creighton to 12 if it isn’t working.

Other options for 12 from QPR?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah I’m nervous for Annan. He could well be the answer in a few years, but at this stage don’t think he is ready for Super Rugby, particularly in defence. Guess having Lynagh on the bench gives the option of moving Creighton to 12 if it isn’t working.

Paddy James is the obvious one given he was in the bench last week. It's a hard position to be coming to from outside of the squad though, particularly if you're also a debutant at this level. His connection with Creighton wouldn't hurt though.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bit of talk Harry McLaughlin-Phillips might get the call up this Friday with Creighton and Annan both out with concussion:

The kid is an absolute talent, but it would be a big step up for him.
Tyler Campbell? Leading the 10s in Hospital Cup. Eli Pilz at 9 must be a strong contender.
I get these Academy players learning their craft, but there are better club options for the step up to Super Rugby.

Does the article read that Harry said he will leapfrog Lynagh? Spicy.

Last edited:

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)

He went well in his last start at 12.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wouldn't worry too much about the Blues attack. As our keen minded OP alluded to, it typically amounts to "lets just keep kicking the ball away and see how that works out for us again". If you can have enough guys around to eventually stop Telea then you're 75% of the way there tbh.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone know why Harry Wilson is on the bench?

its a World Cup year.
Already getting thru a mountain of work.

I assume his coming off the bench because it’s in the best interests of the national team we don’t run him into the ground