• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 7: Auckland Blues vs Western Force, Fri, April 5 2024

Who would you like to hear in the commentary booth for this one?

• Tomikin and his mum

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Phil Waugh and Mclennan

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Nisbo

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Shiggers and D.Pillock

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Tony Johnson and his seething hateful anti-Blues agenda

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Bill Mclaren

• Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Kearns and Maaaardo

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A Woman

• Just Shiggins ffs

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
2024 Crusaders?
"I've supported them ever since that year when they were shit."

womanthinking_(1).GIF

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
When a team with the current Wallaby 9 and 10, plus a couple of backs in Stewart and Kenzie who are talked up as future reps, and the experience of Spink and Tiatia, not to mention Sam Carter and Tom Horton, can only score 3 points yet concede 50 then it is concerning. These are experienced players. Nic White says in the interview afterwards that they didn't win the contact zone enough - surely it is a bit more than that. What did the Force do with the ball? What was their game plan?
You're right, although pretty hard for the backs to play well when the forwards were pretty much destroyed. I have enjoyed watching the Force ..albeit in parts ...this year, as the backs have looked pretty good ....The game plan was obviously NOT to run it, especially early, but that has been their strength I've thought this year? The Blues were definitely a class above and it was at Eden Park, where the Wallabies haven't won there since the game was invented!

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I actually add I thought Nic White was poor in the game, never looked like he was quite into it. I know the Blues pack were going well and beating up his lot, but didn't seem to be with it?
Dan, I think a better analysis would be who was into it. They all looked lost, early dementia?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
When a team with the current Wallaby 9 and 10, plus a couple of backs in Stewart and Kenzie who are talked up as future reps, and the experience of Spink and Tiatia, not to mention Sam Carter and Tom Horton, can only score 3 points yet concede 50 then it is concerning. These are experienced players. Nic White says in the interview afterwards that they didn't win the contact zone enough - surely it is a bit more than that. What did the Force do with the ball? What was their game plan?
Exactly.
Even if the scrum was equal they still have plenty of areas that need improving. We expect more out of this squad. Never expect them to win in Auckland but we expect them to be competitive. They were beaten thoroughly in all aspects of the game. And discipline was an issue again. Especially in the first half. You could say it was a blues B team. How can they put a performance that was near on perfect against the reds and then show absolutely nothing 2 weeks later.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Of course it does. I mean what could possibly go wrong..................
I think it's a good draw card for home games. We need that, The force need that. Need to win more games as well obviously. With potter out we need another outside back. Potter has been outstanding. Obviously we have serious issues in the pack and a class prop would go a lot further but it is what it is

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is 35 year old KB (Kurtley Beale) really a draw? Played 2 Club games in 2 years.

Might be good draw for some clinics but surely this is about getting on the field to get an overseas cheque asap.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Beale's experience could be beneficial to the team but if he crabs sideways, misses tackles and then gestures wildly at his teammates like they were the ones who let the team down then it won't help the Force. As has been noted by others it's forwards they are needing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I dunno. Don't think particularly highly of the bloke as a man but he's been involved in most of the rugby I've actually enjoyed int he last 10-15 years of my miserable rugby life (fuck his performance against England in 2015 alone) so I will tune in to see how he does.

Last edited:

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
I had misgivings too, but with Potter unavailable for the remainder of the season who are the other super-ready players available at short notice (and within salary constraints) who could cover all the positions that Potter covered? Out of interest I watched part of the Randwick/Wildfires game today and he looks ready to contribute.