• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 8: NSFW Waratahs vs The Auckland Blues

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I have a strange stance to this super season, I'm not at all invested in the outcomes of the games, I still like to see the Tahs win though of course, but I'm more interested in the performance of the individual players and some combinations across all our franchises, particularly the potential Wallabies.

Interesting that broadcasters, sponsors and fans are being asked to invest time and money in such a product.

I literally just can't wait for the RWC.

At last something that we agree on and I always like to end on a positive note.:)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Interesting that broadcasters, sponsors and fans are being asked to invest time and money in such a product.

At last something that we agree on and I always like to end on a positive note.:)

Yes I did have that thought when I wrote it. But I'm not saying that I'm not interested in it, in fact I'm actually watching more games because I am looking at the performances of players at other franchises more than I otherwise would. It's just this season I'm more interested in watching the players than I am the outcome of the games.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yes I did have that thought when I wrote it. But I'm not saying that I'm not interested in it, in fact I'm actually watching more games because I am looking at the performances of players at other franchises more than I otherwise would. It's just this season I'm more interested in watching the players than I am the outcome of the games.

I liked that last article you posted too. Different to the couple that I found. I'll have to take some time to go through it though, but it seems quite comprehensive.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Rocky IV - remember Drago was using the "science", high tech gear as well as the "gear", yet old Rocko went back to basics, running through snow, lifting logs of wood, helping out old commies, and listened to soft rock.

Look how that turned out, AMIRITE? ;)

Cheik - I'm available.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ckeika has always struck me as being more this

hqdefault.jpg

than this

ses_cropped290.jpg

Maybe he's had a road to Damascus experience.:)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess it comes back to wanting the players to be fitter and if you want to do that there are very limited windows in which to do it.

If you're going to work a player particularly hard it also can only be done in weeks where they aren't playing a game.
Every team has two byes. Why can't the "extra conditioning" elements be done in those weeks?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Also the all blecks do it, so we do too o_O.

Do they do extra conditioning? I thought their rest program was borne out of having to rotate high injury risk players like Ben Smith and Ryan Crotty. Even so, I think the level of depth in NZ means there aren't too many costs of playing a couple of rounds without a Kieren Read. If you take guys like Kerevi out of Australian sides then the whole thing goes to shit.