• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Auckland Blues v ACT Brumbies, Sat, April 20 2024

Favourite Rugby Manoeuvre:

• The Garry Owen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Seagull vs The Falcon

• The Basil Brush

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brumbies encountering the Blues forwards be like

not-very-stable-yet

Many such cases.

Eklund's lineout throwing is far too much of a liability and Christie looks like the third choice HB now.

EDIT: Good choice to just end the game. Nothing material to be gained from playing on.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It stays a yellow, I agree, like in Kirifi last night, he was being tackled so was on way down etc etc. Though I know many on here will disagree.
Yes. No intent. Slipper was reasonably bent unlike Kirifi I thought so would have been harsh. Happy they didn't go red, the Brumbies didn't need that on top of that already horrible game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Real statement win from the blues. They've had a fairly easy run so far and lost their only other game against a side in the top half of the comp pretty meekly, but they staked their claim tonight.

Not quite sure the Brumbies even left Canberra.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@Derpus , you were right last night about having to get rid of a couple of kiwi teams, Blues etc need strengthening, fancy not even being able to get 50 points on top Aus team!!!! Where do I sign the petition??

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes. No intent. Slipper was reasonably bent unlike Kirifi I thought so would have been harsh. Happy they didn't go red, the Brumbies didn't need that on top of that already horrible game.
Of course and also the Cokeman is an Australian, and Kirifi a kiwi too!! ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interested to hear James Parsons on rugby pod the last couple of weeks saying he thought the Brumbies would come undone over these weeks, as he was saying they only tackling at about 84% or something, and haven't really played harder teams that will make them pay for it. I perhaps will have to take notice of him a bit more.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
An absolute shellacking. I was very confident the Blues would win but that easily is just unacceptable. Still, 77% possession to the blues in the first half, was it? and the second looked to be very similar. Difficult to put up a good showing with such little ball, and to make it worse, possession was turned over on first phase so many times through errors or poor kicks.

One lesson that shouldn't need to be emphasised, but take the points when they're on offer, especially early in the game.

A few very poor efforts, notably by Lonergan (worst game ever that I've seen him play), Neville (more dropped ball than held - even in the lineout FFS), and Noah (can kiss his ambitions for Wallaby No 10 goodbye). The rest weren't bad, just the flow of the game went terribly against them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting isn't it, Brumbies against Blues lost 7-46 and against the Chiefs it was much better, they only lost 17-46. Their defence was similar, just had better attack against Chiefs?

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting isn't it, Brumbies against Blues lost 7-46 and against the Chiefs it was much better, they only lost 17-46. Their defence was similar, just had better attack against Chiefs?
Larkham process driven games plans. Once its outside of the parameters the Brumbies have no script and no free thinking. I still don't know why they brought him back, let alone keep extending him.

What reinforces it for me is he is watching the sandcastle disintegrate, but still cant get out of his own process driven obsession to take a chance and use the bench to try change it up. Ryan was awful from minute one but left him on for 60min+ even though he was a disaster.

Gotta be a a real kick in the teeth for your guys like Goddard to see how shit Ryan can be, and for how long before Larkham has the confidence to put you on.

Lack of leadership both on and off the field tonight.

griffins

Alfred Walker (16)
Larkham process driven games plans. Once its outside of the parameters the Brumbies have no script and no free thinking. I still don't know why they brought him back, let alone keep extending him.

What reinforces it for me is he is watching the sandcastle disintegrate, but still cant get out of his own process driven obsession to take a chance and use the bench to try change it up. Ryan was awful from minute one but left him on for 60min+ even though he was a disaster.

Gotta be a a real kick in the teeth for your guys like Goddard to see how shit Ryan can be, and for how long before Larkham has the confidence to put you on.

Lack of leadership both on and off the field tonight.
Easy to rinse the 9 when his pack is getting absolutely minced in front of him. Valetini fronted up again, Brown and Slipper had moments but they were totally outmuscled. I disagree that 'they werent interested/never left Canberra', each guy tried their guts out but it wasn't near good enough.

I've seen that game before, shockingly reminiscent of almost every Bledisloe at that ground that I can remember. Brums had chances in the first half that they didn't take, passed up penalties and then disintegrated when they had to chase the game. Handling totally unacceptable.

Actually think it was only really Neville whose Wallabies card will have been totally marked (in red), but only Valetini and Wright (no real errors, kicked well, some decent defensive efforts) came out with their reputation fully intact.

Grim to have to come home and face the best team in the comp next week

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah Toole just pulled off a couple of hero plays against the Chiefs. Everyone else shocking.