• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allsports

Stan Wickham (3)
Nic White is the incumbent behind Genia & should stay that way as we have to prepare , Burgo was good as Genia back up but is now 28/29 with a great deal of experience so is great to back up a Genia/White combo

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Whilst I don't think that Phipps is as bad as people say he is I reckon that White is a remarkable player and has the X Factor that Phipps will never have.

However White has to stay healthy throughout the Super season to convince Deans that he is the one to back up Genia - or, God forbid - to start should Sanchez suffer a setback in his return to the game.

If Burgess does return to become available for the Wobs again, the Wob depth of Genia, White, Burgess and Phipps will be the most comfortable for the position that I can remember.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hey Guys looks like im might be at the game next friday as im working in seymour over the weekend so trying to talk the boss into alittle trip south for the game. Just a question about the Gen admin tickets is it a first in first served type thing?

It is but last year there was far from a seating issue, there will be reasonable seating to spare. I wouldn't worry.

The issue was ticket lines so for god's sake, PREBUY YOUR TICKET!

Nic White is the incumbent behind Genia & should stay that way as we have to prepare , Burgo was good as Genia back up but is now 28/29 with a great deal of experience so is great to back up a Genia/White combo

Incumbent- holding an indicated position, role, office, etc.

White has 0 Wallaby caps, despite admittedly being a better player than Phipps (though unproven at test level). As sports fans we get certain works in our vernacular and use them indiscriminately. Incumbent is one, as is inaugural.

Let's use words for what they actually mean. Phipps is the incumbent Wallaby halfback, but Genia is much better than him and White probably is.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It is but last year there was far from a seating issue, there will be reasonable seating to spare. I wouldn't worry.

The issue was ticket lines so for god's sake, PREBUY YOUR TICKET!

Incumbent- holding an indicated position, role, office, etc.

White has 0 Wallaby caps, despite admittedly being a better player than Phipps (though unproven at test level). As sports fans we get certain works in our vernacular and use them indiscriminately. Incumbent is one, as is inaugural.

Let's use words for what they actually mean. Phipps is the incumbent Wallaby halfback, but Genia is much better than him and White definitely is.

;)

kronic

John Solomon (38)
News Ltd article mentions that Phipps could be heading to the Tahs in 2014. You'd say Stirzaker will be starting then.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Hey Guys looks like im might be at the game next friday as im working in seymour over the weekend so trying to talk the boss into alittle trip south for the game. Just a question about the Gen admin tickets is it a first in first served type thing?
Pretty much, although they won't sell out.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Team announced. Strong lineup:

1. Nic Henderson
2. Ged Robisnon
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Luke Jones
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Gareth Delve
9. Nick Phipps
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Lachlan Mitchell
12. Rory Sidey
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alex Rokobaro
15. James O'Connor

Reserves TBC

16. Shota Horie/Pat Leafa
17. Eddie Aholelei/Paul Alo-Emile
18. James King/Chris Thomson
19. Trent Dyer/Jordy Reid/Jarrod Saffy
20. Richard Kingi/Nic Stirzaker
21. Angus Roberts/Tom English
22. Kemu Valetini

Not selected/injured: Situati, Vuna, Higginbotham, Woodward, West, Ah Nau, Hegarty (that I can see)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Team announced. Strong lineup:

1. Nic Henderson
2. Ged Robisnon
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Luke Jones
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Gareth Delve
9. Nick Phipps
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Lachlan Mitchell
12. Rory Sidey
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alex Rokobaro
15. James O'Connor

This looks like the trial team just before you start the real deal:
  1. Beale at 10 and O'Connor at 15. Looks like this is the pairing that will start the competition. It means that Sidey goes to 12, which severely limits the backline performance because there won't be much creativity from 12 & 13. Vuna will be missed to provide another attacking edge.
  2. If Higgers is injured it looks like this will be the round one backrow. Saffy on the bench will ease him back after his horrific injury and he can play 6 or 7 as a sub.
  3. The two overall weaknesses are the front row and the backs that are outside Beale and JOC (James O'Connor). That team should account for the Force at home, but the Brumbies at home and the Tahs away will not be nearly so easy. Those big scrummaging teams are going to be a real problem.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I like Beale at 10 and JO'C at 15. That seems to be by far the best fit for them. Sidey and Inman would daresay have eyes on the advantage line with ball in hand, but overall the lineup doesn't look too bad.

I like Pyle and Neville in the second row, Jones to me has the build and playstyle of a 6, he or the team aren't best utilised in the second row.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
pretty much as was predicted for the backs beale and JOC (James O'Connor) to rotate as first receiver, with the loss of both vuna and woodward, mitchell moves back to the wing and sidey takes inside centre. we will see hoe well it works on saturday arvo !
cant argue with the pack, on paper our strongest given higginbotham's unavailability. as i said a couple of days ago the loss of vuna and woodward is proving a big problem.
see you all saturday:)

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Mitchell doesn't have much of a boot. either he or JOC (James O'Connor) should switch it up to 12 in which case Rokobaro could slip into 15 and cover for JOC (James O'Connor).

unsurprising comment from a NSW fan that "the front row looks weak"

zzzzz. there were two better hookers in the aus conference last year than Ged, henderson often handed it to his south african and kiwi opponents and weekes is a strong player.

insert generic "forwards are an issue" retort.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Mitchell doesn't have much of a boot. either he or JOC (James O'Connor) should switch it up to 12 in which case Rokobaro could slip into 15 and cover for JOC (James O'Connor).

unsurprising comment from a NSW fan that "the front row looks weak"

zzzzz. there were two better hookers in the aus conference last year than Ged, henderson often handed it to his south african and kiwi opponents and weekes is a strong player.

insert generic "forwards are an issue" retort.

Not "forwards are an issue", the back 5 are as good as any other teams'. But I think they'll struggle in the scrum against the Sharks, Brumbies, Tahs, Chiefs?, Hurricanes, Crusaders and Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.