• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I would be appreciative if Lachie Mitchell was retained. Sure he is never going to be an absolute superstar of the competition, and he has his shortcomings, but his passion and effort are the sort of thing you need around a club. I imagine he is the type of guy who has massive respect from his team mates. I'm surprised there isn't more Tom Carter like love for the guy.

I respect Lachie Mitchell immensely. He may not be great, but he's an honest trier. Gives his all for the club every match. You'll often find he's best on ground in a big loss because he doesn't give up.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't think anyone is saying Lachie Mitchell should be cut. He's the sort of guy every club needs, and he's a valuable utility. However, he isn't really a good enough player to be in the starting XV at either 12 or on the wing. And that means we need to recruit better in both positions in the off-season.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Stirzaker must start for the rest of the year.

His service from the scrumbase was outstanding last night. Kicking was OK and worked well with Bryce. All round good effort from the ranga. I thought Bryce did well on his debut, certainly held his own against good opposition and directed traffic well. Piggies were outstanding and worked their arse off to win some good turnover ball. Scrum was a monster against a saffa pack.

Overall bloody good effort to get the win, I still don't have a voice. nice work from Fanga to milk the Penalty Try. He was lucky to get that.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I spoke to Pat Leafa last night and he said he would probably be named on the bench v the Tahs and if not definitely a couple of weeks after that v Brumbies because Shota will be with Japan playing against Wales. BTW Pat is with the Rebels in 2014.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Chiefs Australian born prop Toby Smith has signed with the club and hopes to play for the Wallabies.. Great signing!!!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Chiefs Australian born prop Toby Smith has signed with the club and hopes to play for the Wallabies.. Great signing!!!

Is he any good? Loose or tighthead?

I googled him and he looks familiar, so he'd have to at least got some minutes but I can't remember if he was handy or not.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
So I'm heading to the Brumbies game myself, anyone else heading up? Is the away supporters bay any good? Where to drink beforehand?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wig & Pen. Definitely the Wig & Pen.

Away supporters are generally spread out, but every other time there have been a group of Rebels supporters up the north end.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Is he any good? Loose or tighthead?

I googled him and he looks familiar, so he'd have to at least got some minutes but I can't remember if he was handy or not.
My understanding is that he is a loosie, but can play 3 as well. Great to see Jones & English re-sign for 3 years today as well. JOC (James O'Connor) the main one now

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Realistically, which other S15 teams could recruit JOC (James O'Connor) in terms of funds available, places on the roster, culture and gameplan?

Waratahs have some money being freed up with players heading overseas, he probably doesn't fit the mold at Brumbies. Force and he left on sour terms. Reds are a potential option with Ioane leaving but have Richard Graham as coach next year.

Are the Rebels the only logical place for him to commit to?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Realistically, which other S15 teams could recruit JOC (James O'Connor) in terms of funds available, places on the roster, culture and gameplan?

Waratahs have some money being freed up with players heading overseas, he probably doesn't fit the mold at Brumbies. Force and he left on sour terms. Reds are a potential option with Ioane leaving but have Richard Graham as coach next year.

Are the Rebels the only logical place for him to commit to?

To be fair, I think both the Reds and Force are still viable options. While there is some bad blood present, these are professional teams and he would offer something to both of them.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
if he goes (and I think it is likely) my money is on the reds, despite r graham as coach.
but it may be better option for all concerned (brand O'Connor, ARU, Rebels, Reds) if he stays at the rebels for another two years. He might arguably be in a much stronger bargaining position after the 2015 RWC if he is the incumbent 10 for the wobs; QC (Quade Cooper) will be off contract, who knows who will be coaching any of the S15 teams or Australia, the rebels may be surging, the reds waning ?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd love to see him stay for another two years. The team looks to be building a very solid squad and his signature would be the cream on the cake.

Hooker stocks still look bare and we haven't helped ourselves by having the bench hooker play the odd 5 minute cameo every other week.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This is a quote from JOC (James O'Connor).
"Everyone's been on the same page. Our structures have held pretty well so we're hoping this is the start of something big."
he has made a couple of comments like this which lead me to think/hope he may re-sign.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...-to-form-revival/story-fndptz3t-1226647730262

Media coaching. That's all it is.

You can tell what blokes don't say rehearsed things. Honey Badger comes to mind, James "The Brand" O'Connor does not.

That being said, he's only doing what he's told so no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.