• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
What role will Louden undertake at the Rebels? Attack?
His coaching appointment is great news. The more well-credentialed Aussie coaches involved in Australian rugby, the better.

According to the press release, yes he will look after attack.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
He did the Bulls attack when they were winning titles
Todd Louden was attack coach with the Bulls when they won their first Super title in 2007, then either attack coach or backs coach with Ewen McKenzie when the Waratahs were beaten in the Final in 2008.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Todd Louden was attack coach with the Bulls when they won their first Super title in 2007, then either attack coach or backs coach with Ewen McKenzie when the Waratahs were beaten in the Final in 2008.

Wow, Todd Louden is an awesome pick up. No doubt the Rebels will do great things in 2015 under his guidance.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He's going to coach the team which has been the bottom of QLD premier rugby for something like 7 seasons. If he aspires to coach professionally, it's a step backwards.

There is two NRC teams which are coached by Reds assistant coaches and therefore if he is involved there, it will be as an assistant.

There is no way this move isn't backwards if he aspires to be a professional coach. At best he may be able to progress to an assistant coach of the Reds over time.

He may have other motivations though.
The QRU have said they will control the NRC teams for the first 2 seasons. I would not be surprised if Bond took control of QLD Country after next year. Hedger would then run the QLD Country program as well as the Bond Uni Premier Rugby program. There is huge potential to grow both of these into successful organisations.

I think that Bond has their eye on pushing for the title as Australia's number 1 rugby university. They have plenty of stiff competition but they seem to be throwing quite a bit of money behind it.

T

Train Without a Station

The QRU have said they will control the NRC teams for the first 2 seasons. I would not be surprised if Bond took control of QLD Country after next year. Hedger would then run the QLD Country program as well as the Bond Uni Premier Rugby program. There is huge potential to grow both of these into successful organisations.

I think that Bond has their eye on pushing for the title as Australia's number 1 rugby university. They have plenty of stiff competition but they seem to be throwing quite a bit of money behind it.

"Bond" don't. The current VC does and the moment he leaves they will likely go back to the rugby obscurity they came from like when I was there only 5 years ago.

Bond doesn't have the financial resources to be able to compete with the bigger universities if they want to compete. The enrollment is something like 5000 students.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Reading on social media this morning that Sefanaia Naivalu has been signed up by the Rebels. No details on duration or contract type. Based on his NRC form thus far you'd be hard pressed to not sign him.

But the Rising don't develop local players!
anne-it-isnt-fair.gif

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
How many players do we have in the squad? It was meant to be 32 I believe, but now Metcher and Sefa have both been signed.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
How many players do we have in the squad? It was meant to be 32 I believe, but now Metcher and Sefa have both been signed.

Bit of confusion around that but the last I read it was 36, with 5 EPS (or whatever it's called now) and 1 Japanese player to make up the 36th spot. I'm assuming that Shota or Male take up our Japanese spot. Metcher is a EPS spot and I'm assuming Sefa is the same.

Brett McCurdy

Frank Row (1)
Rebels Membership Renewal is NOW open. I just renewed for 2015. Full of hope for 2015, I realise things cant get much worse that this year, so approaching 2015 like it was 2014 pre-season.....

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Thought there was an article about the brumbies concerned that they were going backwards because of ARU cuts and included the 200k of the EPS in their forecast overall losses of 500-600k for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.