• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
There's also a curtain raiser for this match that's just been announced. The Melbourne Chargers against the Sydney Convicts.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10419996_819348451435214_1911588510945232102_n.jpg?oh=eb02134997455bcb7cb528e2911bc525&oe=5550C17F&__gda__=1431859619_96fd328d8ce515e8a7be5d0176c0c7ae

Unless the Chargers have improved out of sight it's not much of a curtain raiser. Couple of seasons ago they where losing by 80+ points a game in Premier 4.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
And don't buy your tickets from the thieving pricks at Ticketek. The $7 printing fee is fucking outrageous.

Provided you give yourself 30 minutes you shouldn't have an issue getting a ticket at the ground.

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks for the heads up, think will take our chances at the gate.
I'll be the one in the crowd in a Reds jersey!!!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Not Rebels 2015 related but I thought some of my fellow Rebels fans would be interested to know that Danny Cipriani has been named on the bench for England's six nations opener v Wales.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Rebels have signed Japanese International prop Keita Inagaki. Interesting that they elected for another prop rather than a lock. Think we needed a lock so Jones could play in both the second and back rows.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I can't understand why we have recruited another Prop - that makes seven (not including Ferti Sa'aga). I could think of other position priorities like Lock.

Note in the articles he is one of the concessional signings the Rebels are entitled to. He appears to be a LHP so he may be a direct swap for Max. The articles also ties up nicely with notes about Max and Male leaving the club. Sorta sad that is hidden at the bottom of the article, but at least they have said something about it.

D

daz

Not Rebels 2015 related but I thought some of my fellow Rebels fans would be interested to know that Danny Cipriani has been named on the bench for England's six nations opener v Wales.

Danny who?

;)

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Unless the Chargers have improved out of sight it's not much of a curtain raiser. Couple of seasons ago they where losing by 80+ points a game in Premier 4.

The Chargers are definitely a side/club on the rise. They've had big numbers at pre-season and Lachie Mitchell is there helping out with the coaching now too.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Fuglisataller and Higgers are co-captains in 2015.

That leaves blindside to be filled. I reckon McMahon must be front runner, with Colby and Samo/Timani as the bench and taller alternatives.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This is a good option for a few reasons:

1. Succession planning early in the piece. It would see obvious that Fugs will captain next year
2. Don't see Fugs moving back to NZ in a hurry and by the end of season he will be wallaby qualified.
3. Fugs is a classic honest toiler who leads by example. Id imagine he'd be good with the red too.
4. Higgers is still a good leader and I think he deserves the chance to finish his time as the leader. Hopefully end on a high.

Good call rebels.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
After watching both practice games, my guess at a starting line up is.

1) Smith
2) Sexton (Scrum and lineout work should get him the start)
3) Weeks
4) Jones
5) Neville
6) McMahon
7) Fugistaller
8) Higgers

9) Burgess
10) Harris
11) English
12) Inman
13) Shipperly
14) Safa (Played himself into the side last night)
15) Hegarty

16) Leafa
17) PAE (Depending on injury of course)
18) Cruze
19) Jeffries/Timani (The later played ok last night, and could cover back row as well)
20) Fainga/Reid (Hard to split at the moment, Reid has been impressive in both games)
21) Stirzaker
22) Ellison (Only just back from Japan, could easily swap with Shipperly)
23) Debreczeni

Would consider carrying an extra forward and only two backs.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Any idea why Sexton didn't play last night? Would've been good to see the direct comparison in the set piece.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Surely Colby Fainga'a will be off to Europe/Japan if he's now possibly 3rd in line at the Rebels for the flanker's spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.