• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Two dads and Mitchell eligible but overseas and not a world cup or Lions year, Tomane moving overseas and hence ineligible after the Rugby Championship, Horne likely to return to the centers at the Tahs, TQN looking like staying in Glasgow, Cummins yet to announce a Super Contract.

By my reckoning, that leaves just Speight and whole load of players with either no caps, or less than half a dozen. A good Super season would see him in for a serious shot IMO.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just checked current pricing: fly on Friday morning, leave Sunday lunch. One red eye flight. $754 with Jetstar.

Jetstar ! i wouldn't fly from Melbourne to Geelong with them, let alone all the way to Japan. the lower cost of the flight will disappear long before the bad memory of it.
pay the extra $300 and fly with Qantas via Brisbane

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree, only fly JestStar if the alternative is to walk, carrying your luggage on your back.

i have only ever flown once with them, in the early days when there was no alternative. NEVER, EVER AGAIN. now if they are the only carrier going to X then i simply don't go there.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
i have only ever flown once with them, in the early days when there was no alternative. NEVER, EVER AGAIN. now if they are the only carrier going to X then i simply don't go there.

I've flown long haul with them (Singapore) with three kids and sleepy wife. No a problem at all! They have changed a lot since the early days.

Besides that extra 300 can go to useful things like sushi and lager, as opposed to flying into Brisvegas.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I've flown long haul with them (Singapore) with three kids and sleepy wife. No a problem at all! They have changed a lot since the early days.

Besides that extra 300 can go to useful things like sushi and lager, as opposed to flying into Brisvegas.

Flew with them to Hobart for NYE, the new terminal 4 at Melbourne Airport is a massive improvement, have had no problem with them or tiger in the last 3 seasons for rugby games, I always make sure there is plenty of drinking time on the other side to allow for slight delays that never happens (Except once, but that was Sydney rain problem not airline.) The flight would end up being a code share with Qantas anyway so save your $300.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
) The flight would end up being a code share with Qantas anyway so save your $300.
no completely different flights. understand about the $300, but if you arrive so buggered in Tokyo that you can't eat or drink (although i find it hard to believe Oztimmay could ever be that stuffed ;)) then you won't spend the $$$ anyway.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've found Jetstar to be fine the last few years when I've flown with them domestically. Never used them for an international flight.

I'm flying to Hobart tomorrow with them so hopefully that continues.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I've flown to Japan many times using both Jetstar and Qantas. Jetstar isn't that bad and, it's a direct flight. The downside is that Jetstar uses terminal 3 at Narita. That means you need to walk to terminal 2 (650 metres) and then catch the Narita Express to Tokyo/Shinjuku (about 1h:40, costs about $40.00 each way). If you fly Qantas via Sydney you land at Haneda - much easier.

I've found the price differential isn't that much after you finish paying for all the extras on Jetstar.

If anyone wants any tips re staying/travelling around Tokyo shoot me a PM.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Flown Jetstar to Fiji and Hawaii and they were fine. I fly a lot on different carriers.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just took multiple flights around SE Asia on Jetstar. Bunch of pricks. They're fine if you're okay with all the additional costs along the way.

One sneaky trick they have is jack up the AC till you're freezing, so you ask for a blanket and they tell you bluntly that it costs 10 dollars to borrow one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
One sneaky trick they have is jack up the AC till you're freezing, so you ask for a blanket and they tell you bluntly that it costs 10 dollars to borrow one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie error; You need to accustom yourself to the 'Beer Blanket". After a few cans of the local good stuff you won't even care about the temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.