• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Sorry guys, don't mean to ruin your thread or cr*p on your enjoyment of your team. I'm not a hugely regular poster here. It was just sad for me to read how disillusioned Rebels fans are about their future and how deep the rot is and put that in context of how much I am hurting about the demise of my own team.

Apologies if you're all jaded and my post stuck. I am feeling very sorry for myself. I am jealous that other teams are still in Super Rugby. I'm jealous that there are teams that appear to have less supporters and worse structures than my team did and are still there.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
\This is the Rebels 2018 thread.
ANYONE who wants to bang on about all the same shit as is seen in that other thread, go there.
Any more off topic posts in this thread will be nuked.
From anyone.
I don't care who, but I'm sick of this stuff pervading other threads.
It ends now.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Going forward are we stuffed???? who knows, but i think we are in a better position than we were this time last year. If it blows up in my face, so be it, but i am honestly too exhausted with Austback
Is that a reference to TT as coach then? and it is better to have no coach than have TT? Well Cyclopath dont shoot me, this is on pointe

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd really hope that if the club you poured a significant number of years, a load of cash, so much time, love and energy into was driven out of existence in a completely biased, unfair and frankly disgusting process you'd take a bit more than a month or so to get over it.
I'd be shitty but I wouldn't make it your problem.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Think Nick Ryan’s appointment will do good things for the rebels. He has great form in the recruitment and pathway areas. His work at Randwick & Sydney Uni really changed improved those clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Think Nick Ryan’s appointment will do good things for the rebels. He has great form in the recruitment and pathway areas. His work at Randwick & Sydney Uni really changed improved those clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good to hear. As someone completely ignorant regarding the SS his name didn't really mean anything.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Like I said earlier, Payto & Panda deliver on the goods, but with a bonus coaching story.

Basically:
Munster big deal, some players have signed MOU with Rebels, Dave really attached to players, P&P reckon he will go to the Rebels.

Stiles out, Thorn in at the Reds.

Will Millar to the Tahs from the Rebels. Sad, but bound to happen. Probably strengthens the case for Jordy to stay.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/d0058e9749f89b976c2bbb9c06d26ae1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Re: Miller, not the prefered outcome but not the end of the world, while I guess Jordy's situation would depend on where Hardwick ends up, how the management rated Sinclair's performances, and how far along Tupai has come.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Confirmed, Wessells to the Rebels

“My dream has always been to coach professional rugby and it’s Australian rugby that’s given me that opportunity,” Wessels told The Australian. “From a loyalty perspective — and I know we haven’t had the greatest couple of months here in Perth with all the speculation about the Force — but the position I’m in, I owe it in large part to the people within Australian rugby.

“A lot of the (Force) staff and players will now have the opportunity to come with us to Melbourne and I feel that if I turned my back on Australia now, I would live the rest of my life wondering where it could have ended up.”

“I know there is some resentment in Perth that Melbourne survived while the Force went under but I always felt that the Rebels and the Force were bound together because we both lived with all that anxiety as the two clubs waiting for the axe. So as far as I’m concerned, it’s the Force and the Rebels against the rest of Australian rugby,” he said.

“I want to give it a real crack and I want to be as ambitious as we can and try to win Super Rugby ultimately.”

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Speaking before confirmation from the Rebels they had snared Wessels, Wallabies coach Michael Cheika was full of praise for the South African-born former Stormers and ACT Brumbies assistant.

"He has done an outstanding job in Perth and I say that because I have seen the players that have come in here and how they've come in with their attitude into the camp," Cheika said. "I would really like to see them stay in Australian rugby for sure."
Despite talk out of Ireland suggesting Wessels was going to pack his bags, the Rebels were always confident of retaining him and will announce his signing officially on Friday morning.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ost-for-australian-rugby-20170929-gyqzx2.html

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Brilliant. Someone who did a fantastic job last season with a team off a similar base to what we had last season, fingers crossed he implements similar structures. From an aus rugby perspective, it's great news as well. We need each team to be the best possible version of themselves they can be in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.