• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Wessels wouldn’t have been as successful as he was without the experienced assistant coaching team he surrounded himself with, any further word on the assistant coaches for 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wessels wouldn’t have been as successful as he was without the experienced assistant coaching team he surrounded himself with, any further word on the assistant coaches for 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

see above TOCC

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Craig & Zane are currently part of the Samoa coaching staff in Europe. Zane won't be returning, Craig still 50/50

Cool, thanks for the update. Zane may have been one of the four who went for the HC role, so could be looking for a HC back in Japan or even Europe. Don't know if the 50/50 means he's looking for another senior coaching role (probably OS), or happy to stick with Club and running his Gym. Hope he sticks around at 'Quins; the current crop of U10's will be devastated if he left.

D

daz

Can we just pause to admire this incredible pun?

No time for that. I'm a bit excited about the upcoming new Star Wars movie, which put me in mind of the boys at training, as I found myself admiring how the Force is strong with the Rebels. Training actually started late today, as the AAMI Park boom-gate was stuck, so a few blokes had to Force it open. But in all seriousness, whilst I imagine how Force-ful they will be in 2018, if Force-d to come clean, I must admit I'm not sure how the Rebels will do next year; I wish I could Force-ee the future, but alas, clearly the gift of Force-ight is Force-aken in me.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No time for that. I'm a bit excited about the upcoming new Star Wars movie, which put me in mind of the boys at training, as I found myself admiring how the Force is strong with the Rebels. Training actually started late today, as the AAMI Park boom-gate was stuck, so a few blokes had to Force it open. But in all seriousness, whilst I imagine how Force-ful they will be in 2018, if Force-d to come clean, I must admit I'm not sure how the Rebels will do next year; I wish I could Force-ee the future, but alas, clearly the gift of Force-ight is Force-aken in me.
I’m going to have to report this to the moderator - oh, damn!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

...and Jesus wept at the amount of dad-level Puns thrown about in the Rebels thread. ...and he spoketh - those who smash the pun record for one post, no matter how good or bad they are, must show the group a few rounds at the next GAGR Melbourne drinks.

D

daz

All the players signing with the rebels has definitely seen the Force kin expanded.

Just out of interest, when you wrote that, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being unbearably smug, how pleased with yourself were you? :) If this was Spinal Tap, that is Pun level 11.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just out of interest, when you wrote that, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being unbearably smug, how pleased with yourself were you? :) If this was Spinal Tap, that is Pun level 11.

I've been using variations of this pun for ages. In fact my biggest* disappointment with the Super Rugby restructure next year is that I can no longer use the variation relating to Force Kings games , most notably the game day hashtag #FORsKIN *note to Force fans, this is not really my biggest disappointment with the Super Rugby restructure.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I didn’t get the message, and I’m an auto-renew. I just do it for the staggered payments.

How bloody fantastic is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.