• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
i made comment on the match thread, but i thought it interesting (and a bit worrying) that the Rebels brought on Worth when the red card 20 was up rather than move Too'mua to 12 and bring Gordon on at 10. perhaps they felt MT was going well at 10 and the experience of Worth was a bonus in a tight game, but i wonder if the young bloke is on the outer and way out or the coaches still dont have enough confidence in him or what. he looked very good for a rookie in the TT last year and i'll grant you that his starting performance in round 1 wasnt great, but he has been ok coming off the bench since then i feel. any inside goss ?
I think he made the call that got him the win, and we know he needs some more of them. I still think he needs to go and take the attach coach with him.

Carter Gordon has shown signs of what he can do. His also shown signs of inexperience.

I have no issues with MT finishing that game at 10 on Friday night, if the Rebels had maintained the first half momentum I think subs would have been different. But Force were back in the game and a steady head under pressure was the right call. Gordons missed touch finder a couple of weeks ago under pressure showed he still needs time.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
given that they have now won a couple i suspect they will continue with MT at 10, i said a few weeks ago that they should bite the bullet, play Gordon at 10 and whoever they think is best 12 Nu'u or Too'mua, i am a big fan of MT but think he is close to his use by date, i'd have Nu'u at 12 and MT on the bench. Gordon is a work in progress but they have to show confidence in him despite his recent errors.
edit: i think the other thing thats improved is the 1/2 back play, Tuttle showing why he was No1 at the Reds till crocked.

Proud Pig

Charlie Fox (21)
Watching the Brumbies Vs Drua game and noticed how good Lomani was and how quick he liked to recycle the ball. When he was with the Rebels he rarely started and when he did he was usually played on the wing. It was a pity we never really saw that game down in Melbourne because you when recycle that quickly you put so much pressure on the defense.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
given that they have now won a couple i suspect they will continue with MT at 10, i said a few weeks ago that they should bite the bullet, play Gordon at 10 and whoever they think is best 12 Nu'u or Too'mua, i am a big fan of MT but think he is close to his use by date, i'd have Nu'u at 12 and MT on the bench. Gordon is a work in progress but they have to show confidence in him despite his recent errors.
edit: i think the other thing thats improved is the 1/2 back play, Tuttle showing why he was No1 at the Reds till crocked.
I feel like he will play this week. MT to 12 as Nu’u will be suspended

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I was going to go but have Covid, the Friday schedule looks the weakest I think.

I think they can get a crowd for Saturday and Sunday

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was going to go but have Covid, the Friday schedule looks the weakest I think.

Sorry to hear, I think they can still get a good crowd. The Fijians showed out in good numbers for the Drua game so I would expect the same for the Moana Pacifica

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Is Super Round this weekend? I thought it was next week?

Or are you just being super cautious. I haven't kept up to date with the rules in other states but I thought it was only a 7 day iso period.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Is Super Round this weekend? I thought it was next week?

Or are you just being super cautious. I haven't kept up to date with the rules in other states but I thought it was only a 7 day iso period.
Yep. I’ll be out of the woods by Sunday but I’m missed the boat as I was hoping to head down the re this weekend and combine the holiday with super round. Oh well. Next time.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
watching the "non-23" train this am the good news is that apart from Hosea and Anderson who i didnt see, and Uelese who was doing rehab, everyone else - including Leota, Fa'amusli and Skelton were doing full contact. So hopefully back soon.
Great news. All three will help out a lot. Keen to see where Skelton slots in. You'd assume the other two will be regular starters.