• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
The big problem as I see it is that we are seeing the same issues year in year out.
No real game plan in attack, if anyone can tell me what our plan is I would be amazed.
We have a leaky defense due to more missed tackles than any other side.
Every game this year except the first game against the Reds, where both sides missed the same number, we have missed more tackles than our opponents.
Even games where we win we seem to miss at least double the amount of tackles that the opposition do.
Even if we don't replace Foote our tackling techniques must be reviewed.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
We seem to be for ever a group of players that get put together not really a team, where as say like the brumbies players come into a system.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The big problem as I see it is that we are seeing the same issues year in year out.
No real game plan in attack, if anyone can tell me what our plan is I would be amazed.
Every game this year except the first game against the Reds, where both sides missed the same number, we have missed more tackles than our opponents.
Even games where we win we seem to miss at least double the amount of tackles that the opposition do.
I doubt any team would communicate their game plan outside the team. Not saying we have one, though.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I doubt any team would communicate their game plan outside the team. Not saying we have one, though.
No of course they wouldn't communicate it but most teams have a very discernable game plan they implement through out the season.
For example the Brumbies rely heavily on the set piece with a fair amount of crash ball to get over the gain line.
What is our style if you will?
I am not sure be a turnstile in defense and cough up the pill at every opportunity is an actual game plan.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No of course they wouldn't communicate it but most teams have a very discernable game plan they implement through out the season.
For example the Brumbies rely heavily on the set piece with a fair amount of crash ball to get over the gain line.
What is our style if you will?
I am not sure be a turnstile in defense and cough up the pill at every opportunity is an actual game plan.
Though it appears to be our go to.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Remind me who is the rebels defence coach

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Think that's in everyone's best interests. Meant to be a starter at Rebels and probably on starting money. Well done Joe on 100 caps, hope you enjoy the big smoke.
Yep good as Powell for the money on at rebels over valued. Tuttle turned out well but not sure if next back up sorovi can be on the bench as seen so little of him. Wonder what 9 options in the market might be available.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
9, 12, 13 the key areas for the Rebels to find some solutions - both short and long term - but outside of that, there's enough about the squad to be excited about.