• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Young Tonumaipea, missed out on Samoa selection & was at storm training this morning. Officially off contract now wouldn't surprise me if he went back to league for the rest of the season to try to get to the RL world cup at the end of the year

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Young Tonumaipea, missed out on Samoa selection & was at storm training this morning. Officially off contract now wouldn't surprise me if he went back to league for the rest of the season to try to get to the Rugby League world cup at the end of the year
The influx of ex Wallaby and All black talent must really change the equation for a guy like him.

Edit: Or maybe not so much in the Samoan case

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Young Tonumaipea, missed out on Samoa selection & was at storm training this morning. Officially off contract now wouldn't surprise me if he went back to league for the rest of the season to try to get to the Rugby League world cup at the end of the year
Actually performed pretty well this year, surprised didn’t get more game time. I guess they went the longer term option with Ripley once season was over.

NRL or Moana might be the right options for him

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
B91B31D8-1D32-48DE-9FFE-7092E5F8BD62.jpeg

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Did not pick that one. Hope it cheers him up.
Wells to force hmmm thought strange at first but i guess chance for starting at 6 now FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) left and assume competition with anstee…Jackson Pugh and Ollie Callan and Anstee as well creates a log jam for 8.

Surprised wells moving to force as did not see that coming…

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Why has to pick rebels..? Imagine if he went to brumbies to replace Simone at 12. Here is holding Kerevi does not like cold Canberra winters.

With the new way RA are going down contracts basically a player at that point just chooses what team & a set amount get paid by that team.

Like when Rodda came back us, brums & the force all offered him 300k & the rest of his contact was an RA top up.

If he comes to us what happens to To'omua, does Kerevi play 13 where he has been playing in Japan or 12 at the Brumbies under Bernie where he will play for the wallabies.

Also something that no one is thinking of. He is 28 why not get on the phone to Twiggy & say mate i'll come over but you have to help set me up & mentor me outside of rugby

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
With the new way Rugby Australia are going down contracts basically a player at that point just chooses what team & a set amount get paid by that team.

Like when Rodda came back us, brums & the force all offered him 300k & the rest of his contact was an Rugby Australia top up.

If he comes to us what happens to To'omua, does Kerevi play 13 where he has been playing in Japan or 12 at the Brumbies under Bernie where he will play for the wallabies.

Also something that no one is thinking of. He is 28 why not get on the phone to Twiggy & say mate i'll come over but you have to help set me up & mentor me outside of rugby

Your kidding about the twiggy I assume as Melbourne has the business connections and reason To'omua at rebels for life after rugby…

Twiggy ain’t go to set up and mentor out of rugby…nah I don’t see Kerevi going to the force…

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Your kidding about the twiggy I assume as Melbourne has the business connections and reason To'omua at rebels for life after rugby…

Twiggy ain’t go to set up and mentor out of rugby…nah I don’t see Kerevi going to the force…

Hopefully for us he doesn't but Twiggy would be worth a phone call if it were me, he has fingers in everything, you dont get to wear he is without knowing what your doing.

But RA have to win him first

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully for us he doesn't but Twiggy would be worth a phone call if it were me, he has fingers in everything, you dont get to wear he is without knowing what your doing.

But Rugby Australia have to win him first
Yeh given he knows can play in Japan and still be picked for wallabies would need to want to come home…