• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels Intra-Club Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Rebels are playing an intra-club match today, VISY Park at 3pm. Not a full game, a controlled session, with quarters obviously.

Full squad plus players from VIC, NSW & QLD clubs.

Some of the club players:

Cruze ah-nau - Aus U20s and Force Academy
Ben Matwijow - Northern Suburbs (NSW)
Jordan Smiler - Northern Suburbs (NSW)/Waikato (NZ)
Dylan Taikato-Simpson - Brothers (QLD)
Afa Amosa - Melbourne (VIC)
Tim Le Nevez - Ex-Brumbies
Chris Slade - Melbourne (VIC)

I have few others, but too hard to determine their history (if any).

kabbear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Aholelei, Jono Owen, Jordy Reid and Ryan Hobson as per Manly Marlins website..Reid injured so didnt go to Melbourne

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Luke Jones injured his foot in the game, currently awaiting an MRI scan (via Twitter). F**K!

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
A Southern Districts player played as well, he has been playing wing for the state team and plays 12-13 for Souths. Can't remember his name though.

E

ellabroz

You would think the Rebels would get a news report or youtube clip on this game up on their website.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Did anyone head out and watch? It would be interesting to hear from someone on how it was run and who performed well. I know a few guys who were invited but I think they all pulled out due to over commitments and/or injuries.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
You would think the Rebels would get a news report or youtube clip on this game up on their website.
Couldn't even get a score from the players off Twitter.

JOC (James O'Connor) tweeted the start and that was it.

Someone related to Chris Slade indicated that the opposed side won.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Score was 3 tires to 2, or 4-3, can't recall.

Everyone played well, the first 40 were just usual game situations. The 2nd 40 saw Damien Hill run a few set plays (scrum left hand side of the pitch 40m out play from there and then go back when play broke down) and then it morphed into an open game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom