• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v CHIEFS Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
One question, how did the TMO rule that was a knock on by the Chiefs to disallow the Anscombe when neither of the TV angles give any view of the incident whatsoever ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What a great game from both teams.

I was actually surprised how the Rebs held in there and went within a bees dick of winning.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
One question, how did the TMO rule that was a knock on by the Chiefs to disallow the Anscombe when neither of the TV angles give any view of the incident whatsoever ?

Agree that's a good question. The only thing I saw from that footage was a Chiefs player coming through to make a tackle, Rebels player lost the ball which went straight down then back under control from the Chiefs player, & then from there no footage of where the ball was. Very strange.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thought beale was going to score a try at the end and take the kick to redeem himself.

Awell great game good stuff rebs i know it hurts but keep your heads up.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Well done chiefs at the end but that maul rule has to be changed. If the defending team initiates the maul ala starts it by commiting the second player, a collapsed maul should result in a scrum to team with the ball, and if it's after the siren a free kick. It should also be treated as a ruck when it goes down ala roll away et al

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well done chiefs at the end but that maul rule has to be changed. If the defending team initiates the maul ala starts it by commiting the second player, a collapsed maul should result in a scrum to team with the ball, and if it's after the siren a free kick. It should also be treated as a ruck when it goes down ala roll away et al

o_O

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Chiefs player knocked it out of Phipps hand with his hand. The ball went forward. Its a knock on.

If he hit Phipps arms and Phipps dropped it then its different, we can only assume the TMO thinks he connected with the ball and not the hand.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
An entertaining game, a bit gutted for the rebels though. A cracker of a try by Beale.

Anscombe was pretty unlucky to get the fourth I thought, he looks the goods.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Bugger. Unlucky Rebels. Commiserations on the loss - had a real crack though.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)

Nah. The aim is to get to the ground. If the defending team holds them up its their advantage.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Chiefs player knocked it out of Phipps hand with his hand. The ball went forward. Its a knock on.

If he hit Phipps arms and Phipps dropped it then its different, we can only assume the TMO thinks he connected with his hand and not the ball.

But there was no camera angle that clearly showed that. At least no clearer angle than the two forward passes from the Rebels tries.
If he has the angles to see the forward passes but decides they were not forward, then how can he decide a ball went forward when he didn't even have the angle?
That was simply the worst TMO officiating I've ever seen

It Is Known

Bob McCowan (2)
What a shocker of a match from Phipps, counting down the days for Burgess.

Those last couple of minutes were crazy.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
its becoming increasingly annoying for me to watch phipps stop and turn to look at the ref to complain while the opposition either steals the ball, rucks over it or takes the advantage in some way because phipps is more interested in whinging to the ref than playing the ball>

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Chiefs deserved the win with possibly 3 dodgy TMO calls.

Nonetheless, their D is too weak to win the title I think.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beale and Bieber boy in a stupidest haircut contest. Who won tonight?

My money is on Bieber boy winning - the two tone style is the point of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.