• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua @ AAMI Park 25/03 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Shit pass from Powell but how was that a penalty for Vaihu clearly picking the ball up behind Hodge?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Wilkin & Hardwick are gonna get picked by some middling English Premiership side in some middling English city and become their talismanic flanker that their fans are obsessed with. we’ll forever be ruing how we could let them go as they get paid 3x Aus wages to freeze in a small bleak concrete ice box of a stadium situated next to a major motorway.
Wilkin maybe, Hardwick had his chance a while back. I like them both, I won’t be surprised if they make a name for themselves overseas but it’s not as though the names who are keeping them out of the Wobs are nobodies.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Wilkin maybe, Hardwick had his chance a while back. I like them both, I won’t be surprised if they make a name for themselves overseas but it’s not as though the names who are keeping them out of the Wobs are nobodies.
Jordy Reid springs to mind, he’s pretty equal with Hardwick & Wilkin. He’s now a cult hero in Gloucester.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Eloff the Wildebeest gets a very deserved try after a bit of a dodgy YC to hodge. That should be game done.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The last try Fiji scored was def off a forward pass back in the 22. The second last was ok. Which mertens had a whinge about.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
God knows how the dreary old paint-by-numbers Rebels registered 42 points.

Some exhilarating running rugby from the Drua.
At least the ref added a mix of Abstract and Existentialism to the help the paint by numbers. But it was still uglier then the Mona Lisa.

Is the latcher off his feet rule been suspended this week? I also like that physics and biology says no, but the ref and TMO say yes.

That last 10 had some snippets as to why Super Rugby is really hard to watch at times.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Best game I have ever been to at AAMI park. Full credit to the Fijian fans. They made the night. The excitement every time the scored was insane. The singing everything, the atmosphere they created was incredible. I can’t wait to hopefully go over one day and watch the Rebels play them in Fiji

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Jordy Reid wasn't very well treated at end of time from memory. Made to play with injury and then not given good support with injury.
Jordy stayed at the club to complete his recovery even though he was off contract. He was lucky that Earling was willing to take a rusk on him and he made his way to premiership from there. Insurance on a player who broke there back cannot be easy to get.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Huge shout out to the Fijian fans. Such good energy. There were about three simultaneous ground invasions after that long range counter attack towards the end. Nothing crazy, just guys literally jumping out of their seats in excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.