• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels lose captain Leota but gain Proctor via the bench. Congratulations to Sammy T who is captain in Rob's absence. Drua are going to run riot over the boys in the backrow. With Wilkin, Kemeny and Leota all out. Not sure why Ekuasi isn't starting, I rate him higher than the starters. The backline is also really green with a bunch of players that aren't at super quality.

REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai (c), Josh Canham, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angelo Smith, Maciu Nabolakasi, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Glen Vaihu, David Feliuai, Filipo Daugunu, Darby Lancaster, Nick Jooste

RESERVES: Alex Mafi, Isaac Kailea, Taniela Tupou, Daniel Maiava, Vaiolini Ekuasi, James Tuttle, Matt Proctor, Mason Gordon

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
DRUA (1-15): Haereiti Hetet, Tevita Ikanivere, Mesake Doge, Mesake Vocevoce, Leone Rotuisolia, Vilive Miramira, Kitione Salawa, Meli Derenalagi (c), Frank Lomani, Isaiah Armstrong-Ravula, Epeli Momo, Apisalome Vota, Iosefo Masi, Selestino Ravutaumada, Ilaisa Droasese

RESERVES: Zuriel Togiatama, Livai Natave, Jone Koroiduadua, Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Elia Canakaivata, Simione Kuruvoli, Waqa Nalaga, Taniela Rakuro

Love2Scrum

Alfred Walker (16)
I think that team can win at home.
Totally agree. I’ve got a feeling that they might have that edge on the Rebels. Having said this, the Rebels might come out firing especially with their new $$$$ backing. Hopefully it’s a good game of rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually got Rebels winning this one in my picks. Even though I shook my head when watching my Canes give them a spanking in PN a few weeks ago, I still somehow think they are capable of playing some good rugby, and not really a bad team at all.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I actually got Rebels winning this one in my picks. Even though I shook my head when watching my Canes give them a spanking in PN a few weeks ago, I still somehow think they are capable of playing some good rugby, and not really a bad team at all.
We've lost our entire first choice backrow when rucks are already our weak spot. I think the Drua will have their way with us.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm really keen to see more of Darby. I'm enjoying this resurgence of super zippy skinny kids on the wing. Capuozzo, Rio Dyer and this french kid Attissogbe who is just incredible, like shouldn't be this good but he's so much fun to watch. Like, they're probably too small and I'd take a Van Der Merwe, Feyi-Waboso, Nawaqanitawase over them but let the skinny kids fly. Darby had a good debut, hope he continues.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'm really keen to see more of Darby. I'm enjoying this resurgence of super zippy skinny kids on the wing. Capuozzo, Rio Dyer and this french kid Attissogbe who is just incredible, like shouldn't be this good but he's so much fun to watch. Like, they're probably too small and I'd take a Van Der Merwe, Feyi-Waboso, Nawaqanitawase over them but let the skinny kids fly. Darby had a good debut, hope he continues.
Darby is zippy and he still has some filling out to do, but at a listed height and weight of 6'3" and 95kg he falls pretty firmly in that second group of bigger wingers. He has at least 10kg on Capuozzo, Dyer and Attissogbe.

At 20 it remains to be seen how big he'll get, particularly given he's coming of 7s fitness instead of 15s, but I doubt he'll be seen as too small throughout his career.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Darby is zippy and he still has some filling out to do, but at a listed height and weight of 6'3" and 95kg he falls pretty firmly in that second group of bigger wingers. He has at least 10kg on Capuozzo, Dyer and Attissogbe.

At 20 it remains to be seen how big he'll get, particularly given he's coming of 7s fitness instead of 15s, but I doubt he'll be seen as too small throughout his career.
Yeah point taken. Didn't realise he was so big. After a few years of gym he'll be a monster. Interesting that he's taller and heavier than Lachie Anderson who I see as a bit more of a battering ram.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah point taken. Didn't realise he was so big. After a few years of gym he'll be a monster. Interesting that he's taller and heavier than Lachie Anderson who I see as a bit more of a battering ram.
There's definitely more finesse in Darby's game and he might not ever be Duhan big, but he's not going to have too much trouble running over blokes. Probably won't need to maximise his size either, at least not at the expense of pace.

It's hard to find good pics of him next to another player for comparison, but this one celebrating with (the admittedly small) Daugunu does give a hint to his height:
1712292642641.png

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Two massive games for the Rebels. Currently sitting 6th and play 7th Drua and 8th Highlanders at home in consecutive weeks.

Make or break.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
For 14 years Rebels fans have had to put up with consistent basic errors. Dropping kick off's after scoring tries, not being able to catch and pass and kicking balls dead instead of putting the ball into touch 5 metres out.