• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Last match for both teams this season. Last time we will see Higgers, PAE and Cadeyrn in Rebels colours.

The Rebels are promoting superhero round. If you fancy a new jesery the Rebels are promoting a superman jesery for the match. The main difference is a...you guess it a big Superman logo. Here it is, as modelled by our new 'enforcer' Mitch Inman.

You can buy one here for $159.

rebels superhero.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Early news in from the Republic of Western Australia; Ben McCalmann is out for this one due to a (facial) cheekbone injury. A big loss and some decent shoes to fill.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm confused by Higgers' deal, is he gone permanently? Not like Foley and McCalman who are coming back after Japan.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I think he's signed an outright 2 year deal in Japan. No provision for returning to Super Rugby.

Didn't stop Cummins of course, but given his age, and the relative accomplishments of the two, it'd be pretty hard to do so IMO.

M

Moono75

Like to see the guys get up and win, particularly with our shit poor record against the Rebels. Unfortunately Foley has already foreshadowed no major changes in the team lineup other that switching Gus to 8 to cover Dog and Mafi into 6.

It would of been nice in the last few games to have just thrown out the rule book and given Mitch Scott, Lacy and Nikoro decent game time and see what they could do with extended minutes. No such luck.

To pull out a classic Mick Malthouse quote while coaching the Eagles........"the ox is slow but the earth is patient"...............Force supporters more so!

Reactions: Tex

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Last match for both teams this season. Last time we will see Higgers, PAE and Cadeyrn in Rebels colours.

I hope TT gives Cadeyrn a run so he can get his 50th cap but, I reckon he'll be wearing a suit on Friday. Also, Burgo is leaving and at least 2 - 3 others won't be back next year I guess.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So this is 10th v 15th.

Rebels need to win this to have a winning home record and a 8 & 8 Season.

Hope Neville gets his 50th this week

D

daz

Surprised these match day jersey's are not going up for auction, like most one-off issues have done.

I'm not saying that just because I would have to buy Mitch's jersey.

Hmm, actually, yes, I am saying that.

:p

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Daz, have you washed any of the #12s you've already bought? And do you sniff them from time to time?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Surprised these match day jersey's are not going up for auction, like most one-off issues have done.

I'm not saying that just because I would have to buy Mitch's jersey.

Hmm, actually, yes, I am saying that.

:p

I'm sure if you ask nicely he will give you the jesery.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
I hope TT gives Cadeyrn a run so he can get his 50th cap but, I reckon he'll be wearing a suit on Friday. Also, Burgo is leaving and at least 2 - 3 others won't be back next year I guess.

So Neville will not get his 50th Rebels cap...I am very disappointed for him....He is the obvious choice for the bench ahead of Jeffries.... A very lousy decision by TT

D

daz

I'm not sure Tony gets swayed by sentimentality too much. His job is to a) pick the best 23, and b) to make sure those staying get game time development opportunities.

It could be argued that Jeffries isn't the former, but he is certainly the latter.

Faint reminders of Hugh Pyle; from starting lock week in and week out and Wallaby certainty, to bench player with bum splinters after his departure announcement.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tom Sexton, Ben Whittaker, Tim Metcher, Jed Gillespie, Radike Samo, Bryce Hegarty, Tom Kingston and Telusa Veainu haven't had futures confirmed publicly.

Can't see the first 2 staying with 3 hookers on the books already. Metcher will be retained 100%, Gillespie 95%. Can't see Radike going around again, 1 game for us off the bench, then a couple of injuries down at Box Hill didn't help, but he may be there anyway. Telusa virtually hasn't been used all season despite comllete fitness and a strong NRC, while Kingston has been severely impacted by injury, writing is on the wall. Hegarty is the one I can't pick. I would love to keep him, and I think the club would as well, but the Force and Reds may be sniffing him out, and with Harris and Debreczeni entrenched in the 10/15 slots, he may go for the sake of gametime.

M

Moono75

Western Force v Melbourne Rebels

1) Pekahou Cowan
2) Nathan Charles
3) Tetera Faulkner
4) Sam Wykes
5) Steve Mafi
6) Chris Alcock
7) Matt Hodgson (c)
8) Angus Cottrell
9) Alby Mathewson
10) Zack Holmes
11) Nick Cummins
12) Kyle Godwin
13) Marcel Brache
14) Luke Morahan
15) Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves

16) Heath Tessmann
17) Chris Heiberg
18) Guy Millar
19) Wilhelm Steenkamp
20) Brynard Stander
21) Ryan Louwrens
22) Luke Burton
23) Patrick Dellit

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gees I maintain that is a good team on paper. Weakness at 13 and 10 (and I guess overall depth, bench and otherwise) but other than that, they shouldn't be last.

D

daz

Gees I maintain that is a good team on paper. Weakness at 13 and 10 (and I guess overall depth, bench and otherwise) but other than that, they shouldn't be last.

My preview to be posted tonight might have something to say about that.

;)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If we take the game lightly, the Force side is more than capable of beating us.

But we've got a good starting team that should be capable of winning. There's 8 or so blokes which have their last chance to stake a claim for RWC honours, most of whom are in key positions, and a break even season is a great goal to aim for.

Rebels by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.