• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, Sat 13 May @ 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Both teams coming off horrible losses from the previous round. The Rebels still have the SANZAAR guillotine over its neck, and a meeting on Thursday could even decide the club's fate for 2018.

But, the Rebels seem to thrive under adversity. don't they, Brumbies?

No news on teams yet, but there is a chance Mad Dog (and not future Reds recruit) Sean McMahon could return, probably from the bench.

I would like to see JD in at 10, instead of Volavola. That is if it's not still in team rehab.

Predictions, go!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Match Officials are:

Referee - Marius van der Westhuizen
AR1 - Shuhei Kubo
AR2 - Ed Martin
TMO - Damien Mitchelmore

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I predict a Fijian will score a try!

And Reds will scrape home for their first Oz derby win in just under 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I really want to see the Reds win as a fan but am pretty worried about this game.

I have a bad feeling we will lose by one at the death. Hope I am wrong

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebels will probably have a slight advantage at scrum and on the wings, apart from that the reds should have the edge everywhere. Only chance for the rebels would be McMahon to return and wreck havoc with mafi.

Reds by 8

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds to run out to a big early lead. Rebels to bring it back when the Reds put in their characteristic fade in the second half (probably along with a yellow card).

Could go to either team at the death but I reckon it'll be close in the end. Reds will be wheezing like a fat kid at school cross country by the 80 mark but the Rebels might be one of the few sides without the power to run them down.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Not feeling good about this. Expecting Naivalu to run riot if he can get the ball and cut back to the inside channels off his wing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't know why it should be. If the Reds win they go to 2nd on the conference.

Still plenty to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Reds to run out to a big early lead. Rebels to bring it back when the Reds put in their characteristic fade in the second half (probably along with a yellow card).

Could go to either team at the death but I reckon it'll be close in the end. Reds will be wheezing like a fat kid at school cross country by the 80 mark but the Rebels might be one of the few sides without the power to run them down.

You may have a second half fade out, but ours starts at 20 minutes into the first. As our coach put it, we have issues with the 'backend 60'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^^^^ @Reg

Good to see us both competing in the sense of humour stakes Reg, probably a first I'd reckon

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
On a serious note, I feel incredibly sorry for the Rebels players and fans - the uncertainty and awful PR re the whole culling debacle and all that's gone with it would potentially destroy focus and morale in any team.

And getting paying rugby fans in MEL is tough enough anyway, let alone given recent events.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds side to play Melbourne Rebels
Saturday 13 May, 7:45pm AEST, AAMI Park – Melbourne
1. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
2. Stephen Moore – University of Queensland
3. Sam Talakai - Brothers
4. Rob Simmons - Sunnybank
5. Lukhan Tui - Souths
6. Hendrik Tui - Norths
7. George Smith - Brothers