• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Entertaining game. This comp is harder to pick than a broken nose.

Great spirit by the Rebels and good composure by the Tahs to get the job done in the end. A couple of good finds for the Rebels with Timani and Naivalu. Shame Higgo is off after WC as he would be good to help mold this team.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Weary Dunlop is returning to Mexico.
Dunlop staying in NSW :p thanks anyways

And youse can keep your shoulder chargers, must'off been wearing yellow pads cause it obviously confused gardner on what colour was appropriate for the situation!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
How did Kepu come back on. Tilse looked fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure but thank fuck he did, for the tahs. That 2nd string front row (tilde,ryanm, latu) is the pits. I like Latu around the field but Id love a dollar for every time paddy ryan has had his arse handed to him

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No the ref was very one sided, shoulder charge with the arm out is bs. Don't even get me started on offside rule
While Gardiner was poor, If he favoured a team it was probably the Rebs. I don't think it had an effect on the game. The Tahs won it because they had the belief. When they needed the extra try they were able to manufacture it. Up until then it had been even.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Rebels structure in attack, or lack of, lost them the game. Inconsistencies of refs in this comp is heart attack stuff.

M

Moono75

actually i thought izzy had some good runs tonight, looked more confident in bashing it up and offloading. he's not far off some broken play tries from way out imo.

But he did run it up a lot and then pass it to avoid the contact and have the receiver take the hit.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
While Gardiner was poor, If he favoured a team it was probably the Rebs. I don't think it had an effect on the game. The Tahs won it because they had the belief. When they needed the extra try they were able to manufacture it. Up until then it had been even.

At 80% the tahs had a player lying on in the ruck or entering incorrectly. They get away with murder at the breakdown, but he wasn't favoring the rebels at all.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah, maybe select a different player for the post match interview next time. Poor bastard is so stoned he can barely string a sentence together.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If Harris is on for either the Penalty, or the Tahs last try, I think we win.

Having said that, great match to be at, sucks so badly that we lost, Sefa, Mike, Timani, all looking good. Burgess has it.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Izzy was very good tonight, those bagging him give yourself an uppercut. Phipps well below his last year form and then] disruptions in the tight five hurt the tahs. That being said the Rebels are the real deal, they will trouble more then a few. Like the look of the 10 Jack and there is mongrel in that back row/ 2nd row with lopeti, higgenbottom and Mcmahon.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
What a pair of games tonight!

The Rebs have limitless potential. I think both teams got hamstrung a bit by Gardner, but if they held onto the ball a bit better Melbourne would have pulled it out. Not looking forward to when they play the Reds

T

TOCC

If Harris wasn't taken off for concussion testing from the Dennis tackle he might have been able to knock over the kick from 42m out and given the Rebels the lead, i think that was a defining moment of the match.

Im still confused why Kepu came back on the field in the final minutes, was Tilse really injured or did they have Tilse go down because the Tahs scrum was getting penalised so heavily?

Status
Not open for further replies.