• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
FWIW I'm planning to find cheap accommodation around Central, so if there is decent Beer in the vicinity of said Accommodation it's a winner for me.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sadly, I'm on the same side of town as Pfitzy, travelling past Homebush, even for some great beer and company, doesn't make sense.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
It was great to meet up with KevinO and oztimmay (a prop to boot, horror :eek:) and others before and after the game at Post Office pub in Richmond, if only you could've organised some decent beers apart from the standard Carlton muck. Anyways, rabbitting on with rugby folk in Melbourne was very enjoyable, thanks for the company. Could the Turf Bar've been any better, wj?

Next time let me know you are coming down. Beer Deluxe in Fed Square normally has a pretty decent selection of local and imported brews.

Alternatively, you can go straight to the source and head to Mountain Goat Brewery which is just up the road in Richmond.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Went to Beer DeLuxe before the match in 2013, couldn't spot a Rebels cap/jersey/scarf in the place. Then I couldn't get a tram to AAMI and ended up walking to the match. Much better prepared since then with meets at the Turf Bar last year with wj and Stu and his squeeze and the PO pub with the two sidewalk canaries this year.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Went to Beer DeLuxe before the match in 2013, couldn't spot a Rebels cap/jersey/scarf in the place. Then I couldn't get a tram to AAMI and ended up walking to the match. Much better prepared since then with meets at the Turf Bar last year with wj and Stu and his squeeze and the PO pub with the two sidewalk canaries this year.

sidewalk canaries? Oh I'm gonna love the explanation for this one :)

Agree with you though, think you're safer drinking on bridge road before a game as you're not at the mercy of public transport, a mere 10min stroll away. There's always a army of Rugby fans (not just Rebels) who go there for a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.