• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies Super Rugby Rnd 15 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Potential outs: Mitchell, Gerrard and Beale.

Brumbies will be seething after their loss, as will the boys after a soft defensive display.

D

daz

As much as I enjoy the Rebels game when it is on, and as much as I love watching the Rebels play at the Stockade, if the Brumbies are serious about their 2012 campaign they should come out and belt the Rebels backwards, forwards and sideways.

I'm not sure a win by itself is enough for the Brumbies this week; it needs to be a statement of intent.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Well obviously, confirmation that Beale is out for a month. Apparently having surgery today.

Johansson is out with a compound fracture to the finger also.

22 could look like this:
1. Henderson
2. Robinson
3. Blake
4. Neville
5. Pyle
6. Jones
7. Davidson/Lipman
8. Delve
9. Phipps
10. Hilgendorf
11. Vuna
12. Inman
13. Mortlock
14. Kingi
15. Huxley

16. Freier
17. Owen
18. Campbell
19. Chamberlain
20. Stirzaker
21. ??????
22. Mosese

Either a) We get a replacement back, perhaps Chris Slade (preseason contract in 2011) will get a call up or b) We put 2 replacement back rowers on the bench and Jones could get a spell on the wing

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The ongoing injuries in the Rebels backs are giving Huxley a continual lifeline. The sooner the Rebels get a chance to dump him, the better off they will be.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Its the Young Brumbbies vs the old Brumbies.... Brumbies need a bonus point win here to keep the pressure on the Reds for top of the table...

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Either a) We get a replacement back, perhaps Chris Slade (preseason contract in 2011) will get a call up or b) We put 2 replacement back rowers on the bench and Jones could get a spell on the wing

Slade would be ok but I think James Lew would be a better choice. He is playing for Melbourne at 12.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kingi to 10! With the time he's spent at 9/15 he has the skillset, it's just a question of if the Rebels want to do it. Not saying he'll be an instand success but he could certainly play there given time.

That, or Gerrad to 10 (though he's less of a facilitator type player than when it was reasonably successful for Australia A years ago).

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Kingi will be on the wing I suspect, Hilgendorf to 10 with Huxley staying at 15. It's not ideal but we don't really have a choice - there's no way Gerrard will play with a cracked sternum.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Kingi will be on the wing I suspect, Hilgendorf to 10 with Huxley staying at 15. It's not ideal but we don't really have a choice - there's no way Gerrard will play with a cracked sternum.
Release in before stated his scans were fine, just sore. In contention still.

Doubt you'll want a semi sore bloke in the 10 channel.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Release in before stated his scans were fine, just sore. In contention still.

Doubt you'll want a semi sore bloke in the 10 channel.
Really? Fantastic news if true. In that case, I wouldn't mind seeing Kingi at 10 then. Huxley was really, really poor against the Canes though - even considering the standard set by the rest of the players- so I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Kingi get his spot. Either way, he has to start.

James O'Connor

Bob McCowan (2)
Tim Le Nevez formally played with Eastwood and Randwick in Sydney, played a lot of Aus sevens and younger rep aus sides is currently down in Melbourne playing reserves after returning from Japan. Any words on if he will get a run off the bench?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tim Le Nevez formally played with Eastwood and Randwick in Sydney, played a lot of Aus sevens and younger rep aus sides is currently down in Melbourne playing reserves after returning from Japan. Any words on if he will get a run off the bench?

You mean for the Rebel Rising?

Nothing wrong with this happening but I'm keen to see these blokes play a whole season in the local comp to get a shot.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
How's the liver??? ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alright...

Fainga'a expected to be let loose on Rebels

Lee Gaskin
May 30, 2012
The ACT Brumbies are set to unleash ferocious flanker Colby Fainga'a back into the Super Rugby wild for the first time in more than a year.
The Canberra Times understands the former Australian under-20s representative will today be named on the bench for Friday night's match against the Melbourne Rebels at AAMI Park.
Fainga'a hasn't featured for the Brumbies since tearing a ligament in his foot in a trial match against the Queensland Reds in February.
Advertisement: Story continues below
If he does take to the field, it will be his first Super Rugby game since the draw with the Western Force on May 21 last year.
Fainga'a has earned his place back in the team through a weight of impressive performances for runaway John I Dent Cup leaders Tuggeranong Vikings in the past month.
The 21-year-old's return couldn't come at a better time for the Australian conference leaders, with fellow openside flanker Michael Hooper about to enter his first Wallabies camp on the back of a breakout season.
With Fainga'a back in the mix, coach Jake White can monitor Hooper's workload towards the back end of the Super Rugby campaign as the Brumbies aim to make the finals for the first time since 2004.
''If everything goes well and I do get selected, it'll be a good opportunity for me,'' Fainga'a said.
''It's been a long time since I've actually played for Brums, so I would be pretty keen and excited to play.
''I feel as though I'm ready to go now.
''I've played four or five games for Vikings and starting to get some match fitness back.''
Fainga'a captained the Australian under-20s team at last year's World Cup, with Hooper winning the player of the year award at the same tournament.
But whereas Hooper will join the NSW Waratahs next season, Fainga'a has a chance to establish himself as the Brumbies' long-term openside flanker, having signed until the end of 2013.
Fainga'a and Hooper were neck and neck for the race to the No.7 jersey until the Queanbeyan product's unfortunate injury cost him the opening 12 games of the season.
That's all the break Hooper needed to establish himself as one of the greatest finds of the competition, a meteoric rise capped when he was one of eight Brumbies named in an extended Wallabies squad for the Tests against Scotland and Wales.
The Brumbies' Wallabies contingent is in Sydney today before returning tonight for final preparations ahead of the clash with the Rebels.
Fainga'a's inclusion is likely to force lock Leon Power out of the match-day squad.
Hard-hitting No.8 Fotu Auelua could also return to the line-up after missing last weekend's 13-12 loss to the Queensland Reds with a head knock

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fainga'a was injured? I thought he just wasn't in White's inner sanctum, much like Jono Owen or Ben Hand.

White's a great coach and he really backs the players he likes but if you're not one them it would seem you don't play.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Fainga'a was injured? I thought he just wasn't in White's inner sanctum, much like Jono Owen or Ben Hand.

White's a great coach and he really backs the players he likes but if you're not one them it would seem you don't play.

He's been limping around the grounds in a moon boot for quite a while now, made his return for Vikings a couple of weeks ago and has been close to MoM each game. Hope he goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.