• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels Vs Stormers, Saturday July 2nd @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels Vs Stormers 7:45PM at AAMI Park

Last time these two teams met at AAMI Park resulted in a glorious victory to the Rebels, 30 - 21!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
injury update

Melbourne Rebels prop Laurie Weeks and back Mike Harris will undergo fitness tests this week ahead of the side’s final home game of the season against the Stormers on Saturday night at AAMI Park.
Weeks has been sidelined for five weeks after suffering a hamstring injury at training ahead of the team’s Round 10 game against the Blues while Harris suffered a hamstring injury in the victory over the Western Force before the international break.
The Rebels got through Thursday night’s exhibition game without injury.
The Melbourne will name their team for the Stormers on Thursday evening.

The Melbourne Rebels injury update following the international break brought to you by Recover Sports Medicine:
Mike Harris (Hamstring): fitness test
Laurie Weeks (Hamstring): fitness test
Dan Hawkins (Back): Season Ending
Dom Shipperley (Knee): Season Ending
Cam Crawford (Broken Hand): Season Ending
Tamati Ellison (Calf): Season Ending

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Smith
Hanson
Hagan
Jones
Timani
Fainga'a
Reid
Thomson
Stirzaker
English
Debrezcini
Inman
Hodge
Naivalu
Placid

Leafa
AhNau
Metcher
Retallick
McMahon (nneds a rest for some of this game)
Meehan
Tuipolotu
Alofa

and if Weeks and Harris are fit then replace Metcher and Alofa, with Placid on the bench and Harris at FB

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Stormers are just one point in front of the Sharks. The Sharks are away to the Lions, a match they will probably lose. So, if the Stormers can pull a win here they are almost guaranteed a home final - their next two games are the Force and the Sunwolves.

Expect the Stormers to be trying very, very hard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Alofa bread has also played Test footy for Samoa, so he would be a foreign marquee player for any Aus Super rugby franchise.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
In the interests of my personal procrastination protocols, here's a team I wouldn't mind seeing named this arvo:

1 Smith
2 Hanson
3 Weeks
4 Jones
5 Jefferies
6 Reid
7 Fainga'a
8 LT
9 Stirzacker
10 Harris
11 Sefa
12 Hodge
13 Inman
14 English
15 Placid

16 Pat
17 Ah Nau
18 Hagan
19 The Other Retallick
20 Thomo
21 SMac
22 Man Bun
23 JD

G

galumay

Hard to go past the Stormers, a lot more at stake for them in terms of the finals.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stormers: 15 Jaco Taute, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Daniel du Plessis, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Schalk Burger (c), 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Nizaam Carr, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Oli Kebble. Replacements: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Alistair Vermaak, 18 JP Smith, 19 JD Schickerling, 20 Rynhardt Elstadt, 21 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 22 Louis Schreuder, 23 Scott van Breda

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
It will be interesting to see how we go tonight. Especially considering in my view played our best rugby with a certain person in the number 9 jersey who just happens to be starting again tonight. Although admittedly we did have some weaker opponents early in the season.

After his great efforts at the club it is a damn shame that Tamati Ellison finishes his career at the Rebels on the injury list. Thanks Tamati and thanks also to Luke, Mike, Scott and any other departing player I have forgotten about or do not yet know about.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm hopeful of a win. Perhaps it's the Lager talking, but I reckon we will prevail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

the late injuries make it even harder for the Rebs tonite. Hopefully they can make a game of it.

Great to see Amy Perret get her first gig as an AR at Super Rugby level.

G

galumay

nicely planned and executed play to get the first try for the Rebs.
...and poor discipline gives 3 points straight back to the Stormers

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nice try manbun. He's playing much better than little red ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

26 minutes in and I am calling this, Stormers by plenty. Early spurt by Rebs snuffed out and the Stormer's blowing them off the park in the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.