• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Waratahs, North Hobart Oval, February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Has anyone found a comprehensive game report that is not just about Israel Folau? There's virtually no comment on the forward performance except a fleeting reference to AJ getting the MOM award. There's no reference to Foley's performance anywhere I can find and that's way more important than Izzy for the season. How did the new blokes go, who went well and who didn't? How come a close to best Rebels team got turned over by the reserves for reserves team?

The limitations of twitter have been cruelly exposed! Do we need to start a fund to send LG to every trial?

PS. In the video of Folau's first try there is an absolutely god-awful pass to no one by Brendan McKibben.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
bandwagon_553.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good Point Hawko.

There is very little point in waiting for a comprehensive and balanced match report to be published in mainstream media outlets. There are better articles about rugby in the New York Times than most of what is in published in our papers.

Nothing stopping a regular Gaggerlander composing 250-300 word match report and putting it up for the Blog. There must have been one or two of our citizenry present at North Hobart oval.

Lee Grant and his band of AAGPS and QLD GPS scribes have set the benchmark for simple, punchy and accurate match reports. Just follow their example. Job Done.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
How come a close to best Rebels team got turned over by the reserves for reserves team?

I wouldn't call that Rebels team close to best, nor would I say we were 'turned over'. It was a 3-point margin until the 80th minute, and we apparently dominated possession in the last quarter.

I agree that the coverage of the game was clouded by Izzy, which is a shame (although great to hear he did well). Rebels still struggled holding on to the ball in their attacking 22. Hopefully it's just rust or that could be a real concern.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I reckon if you deleted all the Folau discussion from the media reports, you'd be back to the level of coverage expected for a first trial like this - ie, next to nil. So don't whinge about Izzy - he's earning his marketing dollars handsomely. Hope it continues.

It's only ten days until the Crusaders trial in Sydney when many of us can decide for ourselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.