• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...ce-michael-foley/story-e6frf4qu-1226382239879

they are now officially pulling the piss. I expect that by the end of the week there will rumours will be swirling that Berrick is set to exit the Tah's and come home.

Where is this speculation coming from? No where in the article is McKenzie quoted as saying he would be interested to return to coaching NSW. The only 'evidence' they put forward is about this family living in Sydney and to my knowledge he commutes to Sydney frequently and is technically still based there. Strange article...

W

What2040

Not too sure about anyone else, but if a company gave me the sack there's no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't be returning.

Only for huge money, and a definite say from the top - and a HUGE penalty if sacked within 5 years.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Guess the Reds are looking slight more likely as a wildcard prospect after the way the points have fallen on the ladder this week ;)
can someone smart please list what results the Reds need to occur to make it to the finals?

I read an article a couple of weeks ago that suggested it would be possible that we could need to lose to the Tahs to then play the Brumbies in Canberra, but if we beat the Tahs then we would have to go to South Africa. This would be a dilema, I dont like the concept of losing on purpose but it would be worth it in this situation. I will look for the article and post it.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
can someone smart please list what results the Reds need to occur to make it to the finals?

I read an article a couple of weeks ago that suggested it would be possible that we could need to lose to the Tahs to then play the Brumbies in Canberra, but if we beat the Tahs then we would have to go to South Africa. This would be a dilema, I dont like the concept of losing on purpose but it would be worth it in this situation. I will look for the article and post it.

Roughly, isn't it something like this (in terms of possible final rank positions): Outcome A: Reds top Aus Conf at rank 3, they then have home qualifier round and rank 6 team comes to them; Outcome B: Reds don't win Conf but scrape in at rank 6, then they travel to rank 3's home (and if by rare chance the Reds came in at rank 5, they travel to rank 4's home).

So, hypothetically but still a possibility as of now, if the Brums win the Aus Conf and we are in at rank 6, we go to Canberra to play them for a SF position. If we come in at 5 (unlikely) we will certainly have to travel to play 4, which could be a SA team...or it could be a NZ team.

The Reds still have much to play for though almost essential is that we win every game from now on and ideally get 2 5 pointers in so doing.

Injuries in all countries' Test series could play a major role in the final rankings. As could, more positively, Test players finding newly excellent form in the Tests and bringing that back to the final S15 rounds.

J

Jiggles

haha I think Link would be telling to the Tah Board to go stick it where the sun don't shine to be honest.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, I saw that. Based on some of the comments made in that article, it seems that Ewen has no love for the Waratahs. I doubt he would ever go back there.

As sad as I was that even left the Tahs, being a good coach is as much about timing as it is ability. He wasn't capable at the Tahs and stade of the success he has had at Qld, it was the perfect fit and perfect timing and with what's in place they should be successful for at least the next five years, it would serve no purpose to him to go back currently. That said, why did he feel the need to issue a statement or even speak to a Jurno, it's not like someone involved even asked the question.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
As sad as I was that even left the Tahs, being a good coach is as much about timing as it is ability. He wasn't capable at the Tahs and stade of the success he has had at Qld, it was the perfect fit and perfect timing and with what's in place they should be successful for at least the next five years, it would serve no purpose to him to go back currently. That said, why did he feel the need to issue a statement or even speak to a Jurno, it's not like someone involved even asked the question.
I would only see him return if he was getting sick of coaching and wanted to run the Tahs as a whole enterprise with a goal of taking over from John O'neal at the ARU down the track.
I dont see him wanting to coach there

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I would only see him return if he was getting sick of coaching and wanted to run the Tahs as a whole enterprise with a goal of taking over from John O'neal at the ARU down the track.
I dont see him wanting to coach there

Well he isn't coaching from next year anyway, I think it's wallabies or management for him from here out.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well he isn't coaching from next year anyway, I think it's wallabies or management for him from here out.
I think the director of coaching spot is to allow him to take over from Deans. It allows him to leave the Reds at short notice with a capable? coach in place and it shows that he can be either one of the two types of modern coach. Either the manager of a team of coaches or the singular coach.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
In the Murdoch-loss-making-smear-rag Bret Harris said Quade was out celebrating re-signing with Reds when he got into trouble with Beale. Wonder if that's accurate? it is the Australian after all.... i don't even trust its weather news...

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ben Tapuai is on a plane to Perth tomorrow with his girl friend. I smell a force signing.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure why he would be heading over but is on the plane over for sure. Is he off contract someone may know.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
from page 1 of this thread it says he is one of the players that needs to renew his contract. might just want to head down to margaret river for a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.