• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Its an interesting one, and I definitely agree. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that Link may give him one more week to show something.
He seems to have a lot of faith in Toua. But I really don't think he deserves another shot.

Morahan seemed hard done by when he was left out of the team against the Brumbies, and he has looked good in his two appearances so far this year. He should have been starting 15 in the first place.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
i didnt think CFS was that poor. He didnt really get any opportunities but he didnt really mess anything up either. Made a few strong tackles, didn't see him miss any important ones. Granted, he was quiet

He had those two big hits that jarred the ball loose but in between them he was making pretty simple defensive errors that were putting players outside of him under pressure unnecessarily. He also really didn't impress anybody at all with the ball in hand tonight, he got monstered by Savea more than once I believe.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Some people on these forums build young players up to be the greatest things since sliced bread and are inpatient as they develop. It would be wise to put it into context and let these blokes go through their learning curve.

Link should persist with Toua. Remember the young bloke has been battered by injury over the last few seasons and it would be vital to retain him so his confidence can return. He is one hell of a talent.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Thats kind of true Ruggo, some young players make an impact straight away & others take time to settle in. But, and I believe it's a big but, a player shouldn't be persisted with just on potential alone when there are obviously better options available. Especially when those better options are still young & have proven themselves. IE: Morohan & Lance in this case. He can prove his case playing for the A team.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some people on these forums build young players up to be the greatest things since sliced bread and are inpatient as they develop. It would be wise to put it into context and let these blokes go through their learning curve.

Link should persist with Toua. Remember the young bloke has been battered by injury over the last few seasons and it would be vital to retain him so his confidence can return. He is one hell of a talent.
I agree that often happens, but with other hyped young players I can usually see glimpses of brilliance, I cant think of anything that Toua did that made me think that he has what it takes. Dont get me wrong, he is a fine player, but when compared to others he does not seem to have the skillset that makes up for a bad day. Almost all of the other Reds players can have a bad game and you will still be able to see their skill underneath but I failed to see this on Friday with Toua

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
i didnt think CFS was that poor. He didnt really get any opportunities but he didnt really mess anything up either. Made a few strong tackles, didn't see him miss any important ones. Granted, he was quiet

He was rubbish.

Can people stop furiously hyping him up, and let the kid learn the ropes at professional level? FFS he's not going to be the saviour of the Wallabies against the Lions!

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
He was rubbish.

Can people stop furiously hyping him up, and let the kid learn the ropes at professional level?
Agreed and the person to start is the FoxSports commentator Clarkie. As soon as the camera spots CFS he says that he holds the record for the number of school boy caps, more the Kurtley, JOC (James O'Connor) etc. scored with his first touch on debut in 2012 and he is a star of the future.

No pressure kid!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
He was rubbish.

Can people stop furiously hyping him up, and let the kid learn the ropes at professional level? FFS he's not going to be the saviour of the Wallabies against the Lions!

Who said he would be playing against the Lions for the wallabies, or even for the wallabies at all? He is a talented athlete with a huge amount of potential. I don't see why people can't get excited by the prospect of him fulfilling that potential?!

T

tranquility

I agree that often happens, but with other hyped young players I can usually see glimpses of brilliance, I cant think of anything that Toua did that made me think that he has what it takes. Dont get me wrong, he is a fine player, but when compared to others he does not seem to have the skillset that makes up for a bad day. Almost all of the other Reds players can have a bad game and you will still be able to see their skill underneath but I failed to see this on Friday with Toua

I'm going to hazard a guess that you have a very small sample space of observation. Perhaps even just the Hurricanes game.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Who said he would be playing against the Lions for the wallabies, or even for the wallabies at all? He is a talented athlete with a huge amount of potential. I don't see why people can't get excited by the prospect of him fulfilling that potential?!

I get confused between here and planet rugby at times. It's a CFS circle-jerk over there with more than a handful of people already naming him in their Wallaby 15 sides.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Toua had a bad night but I wouldn't say he isn't up for Super Rugby. He will bounce back. I do agree though that Morahan needs to play 15.

Physically he's clearly unbelievably talented but I don't think he's mentally ready for the pace of Super Rugby. His decision making was very poor in both starts he had so far and that is generally something that can only really be fixed with experience and time. Some more time with the A team and in camp should hopefully develop this aspect of his game.

T

tranquility

Physically he's clearly unbelievably talented but I don't think he's mentally ready for the pace of Super Rugby. His decision making was very poor in both starts he had so far and that is generally something that can only really be fixed with experience and time. Some more time with the A team and in camp should hopefully develop this aspect of his game.

I disagree. He has nothing more to learn from that level of footy, he has dominated 'A' games for years when he has been fit. He just needs a few weeks to find his feet and he will be our best option in my opinion.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I disagree. He has nothing more to learn from that level of footy, he has dominated 'A' games for years when he has been fit. He just needs a few weeks to find his feet and he will be our best option in my opinion.

I hope you're right, he just looked utterly lost when it came to doing anything you could consider remotely custodial at fullback.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
I was haunting ballymore on thursday morning and spotted Will Genia doing some 2 on 1 contact work. He didn't seem to be favouring the knee at all to my untrained eye and I was wincing every time he propped on it, but all good.

As an aside I also overheard him explain his technique for "stepping" through traffic which was pretty neat.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I was haunting ballymore on thursday morning and spotted Will Genia doing some 2 on 1 contact work. He didn't seem to be favouring the knee at all to my untrained eye and I was wincing every time he propped on it, but all good.

As an aside I also overheard him explain his technique for "stepping" through traffic which was pretty neat.

Some of us still play and would love to hear what you did, mind sharing the details of that explanation? ;)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)

Considering he only finished school in 2011 i don't really think he has been dominating A game's for years? Did he even play the A game last year? i thought he was injured.

The kid really could benefit with a few A Games and Premier Games, he isn't a bonafide starter yet. A few cameos off the bench will do him well, and maybe by end of the season he will feel more comfortable.

T

tranquility

He finished school in 2007 and was signed immediately to the senior squad.

Please get your facts remotely in-tune with reality before you make such bold statements.

I really don't need to stick up for the guy, as his future is in his own hands. But facts are always relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.