• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Reds to play the Lions.

1. Daley
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Wallace-Harrison
5. O'Donoghue
6. Quirk
7. Robinson
8. Schatz
9. Lucas
10. Cooper
11. Morahan
12. Fainga'a
13. CFS
14. Davies
15. Lance

16. Anae
17. Owen
18. Davis
19. Samo
20. Butler
21. Frisby
22. Tapuai
23. Shipperley

Really looking forward to this game, gonna be the best chance of a province knocking the Lions off. That's a really strong squad and Quade has points to prove & I'm tipping him to prove them in style!

Greggsy

Frank Row (1)
Reds to play the Lions.

1. Daley
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Wallace-Harrison
5. O'Donoghue
6. Quirk
7. Robinson
8. Schatz
9. Lucas
10. Cooper
11. Morahan
12. Fainga'a
13. CFS
14. Davies
15. Lance

16. Anae
17. Owen
18. Davis
19. Samo
20. Butler
21. Frisby
22. Tapuai
23. Shipperley

Is Curtis Browning available or is he busy with the under 20 Aussie Squad?

something

Jim Clark (26)
Do we have our full strength team against the rebels, the the wallaby-less team vs the tahs?

or are we missing players for both the tahs and rebs?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No you're playing the Tahs after the Lions series. Still, a lot of Tahs and Reds will be involved from that so a chance for injuries and mental/physical fatigue.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I replied to those statements from Deans in the 25 man squad thread, but to me that means that Deans is looking for excuses not to pick Cooper. Blaming Cooper for Taps being out of form is crazy; Taps made his own mistakes, Cooper doesn't make him drop good balls and miss tackles he should make.

Clearly Deans has issues with Cooper, and is looking for ways to justify Cooper's non-selection. The last part of that article says everything, where Deans doesn't bother to even call Cooper about his omission.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Is it just me or has the reds backline looked listless in the last few weeks. Their set move plays have involved Taps getting the ball and crashing mostly, with the once a game inside pass from Ant/Ships to Ioane.

Are you Paul Cully?

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/uni...-was-not-prepared-to-take-20130519-2jun6.html

Only the Force are averaging fewer five-pointers per game than the Reds in the Australian conference, and the Queenslanders have the lowest try-scoring record of any side in the top nine, despite playing at least one more game.

Those Cooper inside passes are fooling a few less defenders these days

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
For the benefit of Australian rugby I wish Deans would just pull his lips over his head and swallow.

Enough is enough. Just cut him loose so we can all move on. I wonder if those fools at the ARU have any idea of just how disenfranchised the Rugby public are with him. Even people who were happy with his appointment and have stayed the course are just fed up with this and just want to see the back of him.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I replied to those statements from Deans in the 25 man squad thread, but to me that means that Deans is looking for excuses not to pick Cooper. Blaming Cooper for Taps being out of form is crazy; Taps made his own mistakes, Cooper doesn't make him drop good balls and miss tackles he should make.

Clearly Deans has issues with Cooper, and is looking for ways to justify Cooper's non-selection. The last part of that article says everything, where Deans doesn't bother to even call Cooper about his omission.

As anyone who's been here since mid-2010 knows, I lost confidence in Deans that year and then commenced the prediction of his mediocrity and revealed poor character (e.g., never admitting a single mistake, flaw or failing of his own, always actually or inferentially blaming his players, injuries, depth issues, etc). That stance was near heresy back then.

So I was out of outraged passion regarding him a long time ago. But when I read today of this incredible allegation that QC (Quade Cooper) is directly responsible for Taps' poor form this year even I was newly appalled, Deans has sunk to new depths with that reckless and insensitive public assessment. It's not only speculative and ill-informed, it's massively tactless and stupid at a level of securing decent relations with all of QC (Quade Cooper), Link, the other Wallaby Reds, and in general QLD fans and the QRU. In summary, it's an extraordinary misjudgement and confirms (as if it were needed) his clear unsuitability for the most important non-executive position in Australian rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.