• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

This was Friday's paper and his signing hadn't even been officially announced.
75799_09ab65d3e7057bbb977861e0193a54ee.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Seriously guys! A few new lads to discuss and a couple more still to speculate and fucking circulation rates of newspapers is the main topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
Is it possible for the new signings to be involved in the NRC teams? I guess I'm specifically talking about Hunt and Paia-aua as they haven't played the game in a long while, if at all (Paia-aua?)

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
They should have held the Gala Dinner at 9am on a Monday morning for maximum media exposure :rolleyes:
Who says it needed to be announced at a gala dinner? The Reds had a huge drop in ticket sales, and the people they should be trying to get the attention of are the millions watching the news on TV and not the dozens at a gala dinner.

T

TOCC

Well aware of that. The Waratahs won the grand final but most Sydneysiders haven't heard of them. It's because they keep screwing up opportunities like the ones the Reds just had.

What opportunity was missed champ? when would you have announced those signings, do you even know when they were signed?

the QRU knows how to do one thing, and thats promote events for members, which is a reflection of the Reds massive membership participation rates. Events like this, and providing member first exclusive news updates on things like recruitment and retention is one the reason the Reds have such high membership and large events like the Reds Gala dinners.

The Reds had a huge drop in ticket sales,
You do realise that the Reds final home game of the season had the highest regular season crowd of any of the Australian Super Rugby teams.

AubsV

Frank Row (1)
Ex-chiefs TH Sona Taumalolo is yet to sign a contract for next season. He should be priority number 1 for the Reds IMO.

How good was Sona a couple of years ago!

I like the fact that Quirk is still here - If there's another back rower signed then competition for positions is sure to be good after another full pre season under their belts.

Regarding the end of the announcement video, another Wallaby and an AB? Otherwise what was the point of the reds/silver fern/reds/wallaby logo flash?

T

TOCC

Regarding the end of the announcement video, another Wallaby and an AB? Otherwise what was the point of the reds/silver fern/reds/wallaby logo flash?

Interesting observation...
Has to be in reference to Victor Vito.. I wonder what Wallabies are overseas that might be interested in returning home?

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
What opportunity was missed champ? when would you have announced those signings, do you even know when they were signed?

the QRU knows how to do one thing, and thats promote events for members, which is a reflection of the Reds massive membership participation rates. Events like this, and providing member first exclusive news updates on things like recruitment and retention is one the reason the Reds have such high membership and large events like the Reds Gala dinners.

You do realise that the Reds final home game of the season had the highest regular season crowd of any of the Australian Super Rugby teams.

The opportunity was TV coverage, which vastly outnumbers the reach of newspapers. If they announced this on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon it would have been the lead sports story on every evening bulletin. Friday evening after the news, during a Broncos game no less, means it will get far less coverage on the worst rating night of the week for TV news.

And frankly, the people at the gala dinner are going to be buying tickets no matter who is signed and how it is announced. This announcement was an opportunity to get some buzz among fringe rugby fans.

Anyway, this has become a thing and I didn't really mean it to. Everyone can go back to talking about the signings themselves.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Interesting observation.
Has to be in reference to Victor Vito.. I wonder what Wallabies are overseas that might be interested in returning home?

If i had to guess Digby Ioane :) please god let this be true, although i'd rather someone like Opeti fonua than vito. But then again he would provide valuable expirence to a young backrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.