• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
If James has only been offered $550 000 then surely the financial incentive is not that high (not that it has ever been for him really)? He'd be on a comparable amount with his Reds + ARU contract.

If he goes it is for lifestyle reasons. I hope a winning Reds and Wallabies team is enough of an incentive to stick in out here for another season or two.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If James has only been offered $550 000 then surely the financial incentive is not that high (not that it has ever been for him really)? He'd be on a comparable amount with his Reds + ARU contract.

If he goes it is for lifestyle reasons. I hope a winning Reds and Wallabies team is enough of an incentive to stick in out here for another season or two.
My thoughts as well!

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Our membership rolled over and our 12 monthly payment plan continued. So I guess that number is all of us. $35 or so a month is pretty good.

I signed up myself and Ms MungoSpouse for another year yesterday.

I wasn't packing a sad or anything - just slack and slow off the mark. The Reds reminder email worked, in other words...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Really on the fence about season memberships for 2015.

The signings of Hunt and JOC (James O'Connor) are big but can't help but think we don't have the right coach.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The reds have 2 wallabies starting. Then they have Dave mcduling being developed off the bench and blame enever coming through.

Thorn would be a terrible signing as he only has a year in him and apparently Horwill is leaving in 2016, meaning we'd be missing a starting lock and a bench lock then.

Not saying that's the right call, but I think it makes your black and white decision a lot more difficult than you think.

All good points. As @Scoey said in the post following yours, there would have been other intangible benefits. I reckon he would have been good to have on the books. Although as @jets mentioned, probably would have stopped us getting Thomson.

I can't help but think he would have contributed more in the tight hard going than Thomson will though.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Even though Kev isn't leaving until after next year, we still have a major problem at lock depth coming up and that'll only get worse when he leaves.

EOD is not the answer even as a squad member any more. I'm not positive Dave McDuling is the answer when it comes to a full time lock as a back up and replacement, plus he's had a double knee recon iirc. Tim Buchanan is an honest toiler but a Soup standard lock? Probably not. Enever is gone. Big Saffa running around for City is good value but not a replacement for Horwill.

Any bolters from clubland to provide depth next year? As for the year after that's for the 2016 thread when it arrives but I would hope we could blood someone for a full time role.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Said he's only playing for the Tahs when he comes back. Plus if you think you're short of locks, look at the Tahs.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
why would the Reds want Kane Douglas?
the majority of the good and great rugby judges of this board have been telling us for quite a while that Douglas can not play.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'd be having Sita Timani any day of the week, or some other enormous skyscraper like Skelton. Someone mentioned Edwin Maka on the Waratahs discussion, Qwerty took exception, given that he is still quite young... is there no remarkable Locks coming from the Queensland NRC teams?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
McDuling has been close to the best lock in the NRC, at the very least he's been head and shoulders above the other City and Qld Country locks. He will be the Reds bench lock next year, and I suspect we will see if he's up to Super Rugby next year. This doesn't include Enever, as he was injured most of the NRC, but Enever is off to the Brumbies anyway (along with Rory Arnold).

Jack Payne will be groomed, but he's probably a couple year away. Not quite sure if he'll be tall enough, but then Thorne was tall enough.

Ed O'D is about 33 or 34 next year, isn't he? Last year for him, or close to it.

Regarding Douglas, no-one said he can't play, just disputes as to his ranking in Australian rugby.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Adam Coleman. The bastards owe us one so he can continue his apprenticeship there next year and be ready to roll in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.