• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Turner is a very good option at 15. His biggest problem has always been effectiveness at running it back, but I've often wondered if that was a result of injury and coaching tactics.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Turner's biggest issue (outside of injuries) has been his inability to beat a man outside of sheer pace, which I suspect he doesn't have anymore. Hence why I was so pleasantly surprised when he bumped off Morahan to score vs the Force. Turner doesn't really possess a dangerous step or swerve (e.g. JOC (James O'Connor)), and he normally isn't a hard runner to bring down (e.g. Ioane, Speight)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Australian is reporting 27th March vs the Lions will be Quade's return date. A.Fainga'a is due back this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lions game would be just over 8 weeks since Quade did his shoulder. The injury was reportedly 8 - 10 weeks, I think. There has been talk that Quade might come back earlier, but I doubt it, as the week before is a bye, and the week before that is the Brumbies and just 6 weeks after a plate was likely inserted into his collar bone.

I think that is the earliest game we'll see him back, and it sounds pretty likely that will be the game. He might even be fit to start.

The painful part is that I doubt we'll get another win until the Lions game, as we face the Clan away, Tahs at home, and Brumbies at home, followed by a bye then the Lions at home. I think that this Friday against the Clan is our best chance of a win.

T

TOCC

Not the worst thing in the world, I think given the current squad he would have only been on the bench, but Curtis is still good vlue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
So the injuries. Still evidence of poor player management at the Reds or can we say there's a fair degree of bad luck involved also?

Pretty hard to nail Hendrix Tui's injury on the Reds management when it occurred in Japan.
Perhaps they had him doing a few jinking runs for a video promo when it happened.o_O

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I agree. But a standout player in Japan would still be better then Shatz who is near the bottom of super #8's.

Mate I have always valued the bloke's work ethic. He is considered very highly by his peers (and they are better judges than me). jake is not an all out game changer and doesn't "star" by bludging in the backs and getting a big run in broken play.

He just does his job.

Is he a world beater - hell no
Is he a great team man - hell yes

Angus Fraser

Frank Row (1)
Remember Schatz was player's player in 2013. While Gill's a good damned player, he doesn't seem to organise the backrow - this is where Thompson was good against the Force.
I'm not too worried about the centres - Turner's try was nicely supported by Kerevi and Chris FS. Frisby actually pairs well with either Cooper or Genia - they have a tendency to wait a bit too much, whereas he forces things to happen.
Is Slipper going to be against the Highlanders, or concussion ruled him out?

B

Bobby Sands

As much as I rate Shatzy, for all his hard graft defensively and in the line-out I just can't help but feel a backrow with Browning at 8 would be truly destructive.

I might be jumping the gun, as Curtis might not be ready. But I think he needs to get more minutes at the very least. He would complement Liam & Adam perfectly.

The Reds backrow depth is pretty enviable really, almost our strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.