• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Controlled manner huh?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11067448_820444164657749_8962855320828727686_n.jpg?oh=9c7f1d85ffa31b5f0f43569628dafaf8&oe=5572DA39&__gda__=1434804144_ed61a1c5d3485018eaef306f028904e5

I think he got really lucky. I think Nic White was pretty lucky too. That could have so easily ended up really bad.

Ben Smith

Frank Nicholson (4)
You are better off playing someone you know is up to that level,out of position.
Rather than someone totally untested but plays that position.
That's why Duncan P is not being discussed by anyone as a possible solution.
"You are better off"... have to disagree on this one. A PR flyhalf does not need to do much to be better off than 3 points in last 2 matches. Better off then what exactly? Review the tape, this is what you'll see (especially Tahs game). Frisby is very deep. Recieves ball still standing in the same spot. Passes ball on... He is not attacking the ball on the run and therefore never engaging/holding the defensive line. They can rush up and shutdown outside men as they know whats going to happen...Frisby is no threat with the ball in hand. Reds never meet the advantage line and forwards have to run backwards to do any ruckwork...

When Quade comes back you'll see a quality player, but more so a guy who knows the fundamentals of his position. He'll be direct and take the ball on the run to the line during attacking phases. Any 10 would have a basic level of skill in this facet of the game which Frisby does not.

Secondly, Duncan P is not a PR level flyhalf. He has been playing u20's league. To throw him in the trial games and now 'lose faith' (if that is true) shows how enept the management are. He has alot of development to do and PR is actually a step up above his previous level of playing experience.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I prefer McDurling myself and would of put him with Kev instead.

I think he toils hard personally but he is a fair example of the gap between Brisbane Premier rugby and the NRC vs Super Rugby level. Both he and the NRC are green but time will change that.

B

Bobby Sands

He's currently playing for the U20s. Should be playing for Qld at the upcoming tournament. Not even sure if he'll start for the Qld U20s, actually.

Regardless of whether he is starting or not, it is definitely the best environment for him at this stage.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
That's good to hear. I never really heard any follow up to the initial injury. I actually wasn't aware that he was concussed, I thought he compressed his neck or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
That's good to hear. I never really heard any follow up to the initial injury. I actually wasn't aware that he was concussed, I thought he compressed his neck or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I spoke to him on Saturday and asked him how he was going. It's just the requirement for non playing time after being knocked out, it was a pretty ugly collision against the Tahs.

Quirk will be making a staggered return via club rugby - limited playing time building up over a period of weeks but still not ready yet, injury taking longer to heal.

JJ Taulagi is back running, brace is off his leg (he did a medial ligament I think in Canberra) but still a few weeks before he can play I believe.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Does anybody know which players from the injured list are really available forthe Lions game?

I think Simmons is still a way off

Status
Not open for further replies.