• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The Blues have a better chances making the playoffs the the Reds

Thats the talk!

Word to the wise Coach Graham, if you're reading this make sure your charges accrue enough bonus points in the bank before the playoffs as they are CRUCIAL in determining home field advantage. CRUCIAL!

Coach Graham, seen here
paying a visit to his secret
magical bonus-point tree.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Surely you have a 10 in premier division who is better then playing a 9 at 10.
Why?
There is no 10 in the SS ready to step up.
Many might suggest Horwitz,but my view is Cheika has had a good look and decided he's not ready yet.
Volavola is pretty much a discard.
Ayoub was the form 10 in the SS last year,but failed miserably in the NRC and is just too small.
Who else?

Le Frog

Frank Row (1)
I know Genia had a shocker at 10 ages ago, but he couldn't be any worse than the others. Maybe worth a run?

I'm just thinking I'd like Frisby to get some game time under his belt at 9.

Also, is it just me or is QC (Quade Cooper) looking a little too lean in the chest and shoulders?

I know he wants to be light on his feet, but you need a bit of muscle mass in Defence when the loose forwards are running at you. I reckon he needs to bulk up a little around his upper chest and shoulders if he wants to prolong his rugby career.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Remarkable that we're one of the two great rugby States of this country and we're having to contemplate raiding the SS or such like for a half decent back up to QC (Quade Cooper) when the loyal bleed-Red Ben Lucas was casually discarded by RG. More important to get some 'stars' in to convince the fans it was only 'squad deficiencies' that held the Reds back from yet more greatness.

Lucas is now much enjoying playing 10 for the J White-coached Montpellier, 11 caps so far there, 69 points gained.

A nostalgic PS: do Reds fans here recall just how well Lucas played at 10 in that famous Sunday arvo victory v Chiefs, Suncorp, May 2012? Partly, in that year, he dispelled the myth that QC (Quade Cooper) was simply essential for the Reds to win big games. His injuries were often an issue, but he was a fine utility back for the Reds over many years.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Remarkable that we're one of the two great rugby States of this country and we're having to contemplate raiding the SS or such like for a half decent back up to QC (Quade Cooper) when the loyal bleed-Red Ben Lucas was casually discarded by RG. More important to get some 'stars' in to convince the fans it was only 'squad deficiencies' that held the Reds back from yet more greatness.

Lucas is now much enjoying playing 10 for the J White-coached Montpellier, 11 caps so far there, 69 points gained.

A nostalgic PS: do Reds fans here recall just how well Lucas played at 10 in that famous Sunday arvo victory v Chiefs, Suncorp, May 2012? Partly, in that year, he dispelled the myth that QC (Quade Cooper) was simply essential for the Reds to win big games. His injuries were often an issue, but he was a fine utility back for the Reds over many years.

That was his best game and shit he was awsome that day. Happy to hear he is doing well.

We have no depth and that was induced by our squad selection. Pisses me off to hear injuries as an excuse when the insurance against them was gambled away by those using them as the bloody excuse.

I worry this is only the tip of the iceberg and question how bad does it need to get before it is acted upon. I am starting to think that not even Sir John Kerr could overthrow Richard Graham.

T

Train Without a Station

I love how you are able to say Lucas was "discarded" without considering that with his experience he very likely commanded, and possibly asked for a contract which no team could afford to pay a player who would potentially not even make the 23 if all are fit.

How much is he on in France? Would he have stayed here for around $100,000 a season? Because that's really all the reds could afford to offer him. Between JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt and Quade, his two most played positions were well covered by players who were perceived to be in the first choice starting 15 and rightly not expected to drop out of that due to lack of form.

That leaves injuries as the only way for Lucas to make the team.

How can you honestly afford to pay significant money for that player

How many successful teams have quality back up at 10 when they already have an experienced 10?

And how many of those quality back ups don't command a starting spot in another position?

The Reds have made a number of errors in coaching. You just sit here and poke holes in everything from a position of hindsight, without ever considering the realities which they faced when making many of these decisions.

If you honestly believe that in 2014, that you would have prioritised retaining Lucas and Harris, by logic of retaining cover in one of your most stable positions, versus attempting to recruit JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt to fill weaknesses in the squad, then you are a … edited.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Lucas always gave his heart for the reds. Hindsight is great but JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt and Quade have not been enough for the reds in 2015.

Maybe a lesson is we pay players less to be able to have more of them. Because you never know when one is going to break his shoulder, stuff his knee or have a drug problem.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You reckon Sir John Kerrwin has any chance over Richard Graham in the Dance of the Desperates at the bottom of the Ladder?

Kirwin is just another in a line that couldn't get that Blues side to where it should be.

Kerr sacked a visionary that couldn't control his cabnet. Graham aint no visionary, that's for sure.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe we should spread the pie to keep our depth rather than a few big names. Would of called that common sense myself. An inept coach and out of touch admin pissed that away at the end of the day. Now they are full of excuses, rather than owning the decisions they made. A loyal fan base are being treated like mugs.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am starting to fear a massive loss in South Africa that will embarrass the team like the Bulls did a few years ago.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I fear we will get done by about 10 and have a massive body count as happened a couple of years ago.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.