• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

I can see merit in the knuckles appointment. He's not there to be a hands on coach or offer tactical expertise. He's likely there more for the management side of coaching which probably evolves less over time.

If he is able to drive the attitude of not accepting poor standards, demanding accountability, etc he can only be a positive addition to a piss poor situation.

But the comments are right. Richard graham is an experienced head coach. If he needs a mentor now, he's just not capable of the role.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Whoever thought that Richard Graham's strength was man management was greatly mistaken.

I have never witnessed a collection of incredibly poor management decisions concentrated around one individual as I have seen with RG.

There are plenty of people that I have seen be great managers, oodles and oodles that are just ok (they have no real impact either way on the performance of the team), but a special few can somehow wrangle the team completely ineffective irrespective of who is in the team.

RG appears to be that special kind of manager - one who has been greatly elevated above his ceiling and in the realms now of the unconsciously incompetent.

That's the way it looks from the outside, anyway.

Wasted talent I say. He could have been a great public servant.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
There's surely no way they could hold onto Graham if the Reds take the spoon, which they are surely now the favourites to do as the Force just beat the Tahs. So in saying that, Graham is certainly staying.

If the Force beat us, I can't see a way that we don't end up with the spoon.

There's one way of looking at it. If we get the wooden spoon this year, then RG can't do any worse next year;)

(Lighten up - things could be worse, your last remaining bottle of rum could have been replaced with tea by the missus).
If I sound flippant, its because I'm now out of mourning for the Reds.

T

TOCC

Slipper likely to miss next week

A lot gets said about the coaching efforts but after last weekends performance i think some of the players really need to take a look at themselves.
Tackles made: 85
Tackles missed: 40

It might be poor coaching and a poor game plan but some players looked completely disinterested in the second half just falling off tackles.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I can see merit in the knuckles appointment. He's not there to be a hands on coach or offer tactical expertise. He's likely there more for the management side of coaching which probably evolves less over time.

If he is able to drive the attitude of not accepting poor standards, demanding accountability, etc he can only be a positive addition to a piss poor situation.

But the comments are right. Richard graham is an experienced head coach. If he needs a mentor now, he's just not capable of the role.

From an outsider's perspective, I think Knuckles will only succeed if he makes RG accountable for his poor standards. The players will be ok if you can get rid of the person at the top who isn't performing.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Wasn't Horwill acting captain for a bit on Friday?
That's actually something I wanted to ask about. Did anyone actually work out what happened there? Simmons had the (vc) next to his name on the team sheet but when Slipper went off, Horwill appeared to be acting captain.
Then we get that penalty right in front and a few players are looking around wondering what to do. Someone said that they'd take the shot at goal so the ref signalled it. Then someone else comes over and wants to kick for the corner but the ref has to explain the option has been taken to shoot at goal and then asked who was actually captain now?
No idea who did what or what was resolved but it looked really odd. Given that even fit, Slipper was always going to come off, so the stand in captain should've been decided on already.
Anyone know what went down?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Foxtel commentary team announced that Big Kev was the new C when The Golden Slipper retired from the game.

It seems rather unusual that the nominated VC doesn't get the C armband when the C departs the field.

Maybe it yet another example of RG's mind games he plays on the opposition?
James was replaced fairly soon after oranges, so it is possible that there was a strategy developed by RG and others during the break to deal with the possibility of the Reds Captain leaving the field prematurely.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Foxtel commentary team announced that Big Kev was the new C when The Golden Slipper retired from the game.

It seems rather unusual that the nominated VC doesn't get the C armband when the C departs the field.

Maybe it yet another example of RG's mind games he plays on the opposition?
James was replaced fairly soon after oranges, so it is possible that there was a strategy developed by RG and others during the break to deal with the possibility of the Reds Captain leaving the field prematurely.

Maybe there is a reason but crikey it is a kick in the guts to the bloke who just re-signed (whingers of grammer please note the hyphen).

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe the great coach himself believes that some are suited to captaincy and some suited to just being vice captains.

I hope GILL gets the captaincy, imagine if he lifted with the captaincy next to his name!!! we might actually be competitive.

Is Khunt back this week? will he be captain?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wasn't Horwill acting captain for a bit on Friday?

I'd have to watch it again but when the Reds got the penalty in front it seemed to me that Horwill said they'd take the shot then Simmons came over & said they'd take the kick for touch, whereupon the ref asked "who's your captain? I've been told he [Horwill] is". Bit of a shambles all round, really, esp if Horwill made the call & it wasn't actually his call to make.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Because you're a masochist? Or because you think that will actually 'bring about change'?

Some people just want to see the World burn.

I don't really get that attitude either. It's not like they would be playing well in QLD because the whole team is farked. Will be great to see them play well as I am a fan of both but the whole "That'll show 'em" doesn't fit with reality of players moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.