• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's also worth noting that while Turner has had injury issues of late it has hardly been the norm for his career, from his debut in 2007 he didn't miss a game until getting hurt in the 2012 pre-season, that's 67 consecutive games. It was a horror leg break that ended his 2013 season and with some more distance from it he may see some more consistency in his fitness.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Turner is someone you can rebuild culture on too. Immensely popular within the organisation and out as well.

Was equal leading try scorer this year too.

Reg,

It seemed to me that a lot of people thought the "culture" was fine.

What would be the problems in your opinion ??

Does it need fixing ?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Turner was solid and I'd say was comfortably in the top half of the Reds squad in terms of form.

He's still a good Super Rugby player and very reliable but I feel like the Reds chances in 2015 will hinge on how crucial he is to the team.

The less he appears in the starting team (because key players ahead of him are both in form and healthy), the more successful the Reds are likely to be.

Given the trajectory of their careers you'd be hoping a healthy CFS keeps him on the bench for much of the season.

T

Train Without a Station

If Turner is the last bloke picked in your backline, I'd say you're doing well.

If he's the first picked, you're on trouble.

If we can keep him on the bench next year, I'd be very confident of our backline.

But he's been a very solid and reliable performer in a woeful backline, much like Harris, so Graham will probably flick him.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If we go into round one 2015 worried as to weather or not RG has picked JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt in the right positions I'll be pretty happy, particularily given he's already said he sees JOC (James O'Connor) as a winger.

T

Train Without a Station

RG hasn't signed them to use them properly, he's signed them because he's tactically inept and requires them to make something out of nothing. Moot point.

T

Train Without a Station

That's not true Scoey. They haven't announced signing anybody yet.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do Reds fans worry RG can't use Hunt / JOC (James O'Connor) properly..?

That is the mammoth in the teepee right there!

Poor coaching will still result in poor results irrespective of what quality of players are out there.

Very few of our tries this year have come directly from some form of structured play or move - they have largely been through individual brilliance in broken play or similar.

Getting people to follow up in support, realign quickly in defence, talking on the field (other than screaming at your team mates when they fuck up) are all things that come from coaching behaviors - and head coaching at that.

I believe that (based on his history), Richard Graham is probably very good at identifying a deficiency in someone's specific technique with regards to some particular area of the game and coming up with a means to ameliorate that deficiency, but when it comes to having a more holistic view of what is going on he is utterly clueless. I can imagine he would constantly be amazed when it was pointed out what the other teams were doing to his team during the post game analysis and review.

His teams have often been devoid of anything remotely subtle or cohesive in a team sense.

Ex-Player

Frank Row (1)
As a Ex Reds player who has been coached by RG and still keep in regular contact with many current Reds players I can tell you with certainty that the feeling within the Reds in particularly bad, reminds me of back in 2006/2007. A recent comment made to me was "players dont know what the current game plan is and don't know how they are meant to be playing" as well as a complete lack of structure, 2nd worst defence in the comp and lack on commitment shown on the field. This in my opinion, it's blatantly obviously that the coaching is to blame. Leaving guys like Gill on the bench is criminal, and to a player let JJ (winger) wear a Reds Jersey let alone start is beyond me. Reds administration it totally the blame here, with his winning record as head coach at Force was bad enough, but to have a championship team and coach them to the bottom of the table is a truly special achievement. Unless there is change to reds staff, both admin and coaching, I don't think I will be renewing my corporate support.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Love Jim's assertion that Hunt will pull JOC (James O'Connor) into line. Why the fuck would Hunt care?

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
As a Ex Reds player who has been coached by RG and still keep in regular contact with many current Reds players I can tell you with certainty that the feeling within the Reds in particularly bad, reminds me of back in 2006/2007. A recent comment made to me was "players dont know what the current game plan is and don't know how they are meant to be playing" as well as a complete lack of structure, 2nd worst defence in the comp and lack on commitment shown on the field. This in my opinion, it's blatantly obviously that the coaching is to blame. Leaving guys like Gill on the bench is criminal, and to a player let JJ (winger) wear a Reds Jersey let alone start is beyond me. Reds administration it totally the blame here, with his winning record as head coach at Force was bad enough, but to have a championship team and coach them to the bottom of the table is a truly special achievement. Unless there is change to reds staff, both admin and coaching, I don't think I will be renewing my corporate support.

Quade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom