• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Why would the Force not lock him in? Also can't see why the Reds would be an attractive place for him to go? Unless he's a big fan of RG.

I'm sure the Force are trying to lock him in.

There just seems to be some rumours floating around about a Force player who has interest from lots of other franchises looking at their options.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I know Sio didn't make the u20s but perhaps that's stoked the fire. I'm just saying he looked the goods on the weekend against a stronger souths forward pack. And probably was the reason they won. You're right though he's probably not ready for next year and don't the reds already have a young bruising 8 who played aus schoolboys last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

I know Sio didn't make the u20s but perhaps that's stoked the fire. I'm just saying he looked the goods on the weekend against a stronger souths forward pack. And probably was the reason they won. You're right though he's probably not ready for next year and don't the reds already have a young bruising 8 who played aus schoolboys last year?

Yeah lolo fakaosilea, a lot of potential but he is a couple of years off super rugby level.. Mostly played off the bench for the U20's.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Hopefully he gets a run in the NRC and goes alright.

There's such a big step up from club rugby to Super Rugby. Lots of players are bruising ball runners at club level but then are significantly restricted at Super Rugby level because the defence is better and speed of the game is much higher so fitness issues get found out more often.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Lolo Fakaosliea will be great in 2-3 years time. This guys was a man at 16. Watched him on the weekend and his calves are huge, Pocock like. He will be good for the 20's next year and the experience will do him the world of good. I expect him to get some game time for the Country team in the NRC.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He was killing it beforehand do I'm not sure what the issue was. Ross HLP was good but he wasn't very big and we lacked big ball carriers in the England match, someone like Sio would've been very handy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's hard to be critical of Ross Haylett-Petty. He was one of our best players across the whole tournament and provided excellent ball running.

On the back of that he'll almost certainly get a Super Rugby gig with the Force next year.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
It is impressive when someone so young does well in 1st grade though. Yes it's a step up to super rugby but when the young guys shine it's a good sign that they'll make it sooner than later.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
If I was going to sign an 8 I would look at Fotu Auelua at the Brumbies, I have no idea of the status of his contract but do notice he is only coming off the bench quite often. He should be a starter and we could offer this to him to try to sign him.

The Reds have lost fringe/bench players in the past because another team can offer starts so we should try do do this too

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm sure the Force are trying to lock him in.

There just seems to be some rumours floating around about a Force player who has interest from lots of other franchises looking at their options.

He is contracted for next year but Growden had his rumour going around about our best known forward wanting out.........could only think of McCalman but it's Growden after all.

T

TOCC

With the announcement Bennet is returning to the broncos it adds a massive bargaining chip if they want to recruit Karmichael, Karmichael was very vocal that the loss of Bennet was a big reason he left the Broncos.

T

Train Without a Station

Between Hoffman, Barba, Hunt and Milford they have a lot of money tied up in the positions he plays though. That's the reason why they weren't originally a factor. Throw in the fact that Darius Boyd will likely follow Bennett and there's 5 players for 2-3 spots, 3 of those recruited on good money.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree, I think its more likely Karmichael makes it to the Reds rather than the Broncos. Ben Hunt and Hoffman have been playing above expectations in the halves pairing for the Bronco's and with Milford on the way its just too much of a log jam. No way would they be able to offer Special K the $$$ he wants when he's not needed there position wise. I'll change my tune though if I hear one of those players is on the way out

T

TOCC

I agree that their is a lot of money tied up in those players and it's unlikely.. But never underestimate the pulling power of Bennet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoffman released..

Broncos might be feeling robbed in their signing of Barba as well, he was the form fullback in the game when he signed but hasn't displayed the form since he signed.

T

Train Without a Station

Regardless of if they feel rob, he's signed to them, and if they offloading him to another club, they'll still be stuck paying a lot of his salary. Won't create Karmichael Hunt room in their cap.

T

TOCC

Regardless of if they feel rob, he's signed to them, and if they offloading him to another club, they'll still be stuck paying a lot of his salary. Won't create Karmichael Hunt room in their cap.

Your assuming that they don't have room in their cap to start with.... They just signed a 25year old front rower with nine games to his name for $700'000..

Status
Not open for further replies.