• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
we could make up one of those silly "teams" selected to meet some criterion and posted to rugby web sites.
the "wrong names" team start with:

Adam Thompson
Steve Holies
Elton Flately
Tevita Kurindrani
his cousin Tevita Kurindriani
Israel Fulou
his cousin Israel Falou
Lindonner

who else is there?

I think I've seen Kerevi spelt about 4 different ways, and I accidentally typed Hopper instead of Hooper in the MotM thread.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Some old buggers type McNamara instead of McCalman.

Kieran Read was always good for me to trip up on until I got a good memory trick.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Some old buggers type McNamara instead of McCalman.

Kieran Read was always good for me to trip up on until I got a good memory trick.

Pretty sure I caught you calling Fitzpatrick Kirkpatrick once too!

Oh, that's right, those Reds?

Haven't been too impressed with the non-Super rugby players in the Queensland NRC teams. Ready looks OK for our third string hooker, McDuling looks OK for our bench lock, can't say too much else. Tackling and defence seems a big problem this year for the Queensland sides.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ryan Freney the hooker for QLD Country may be a dark horse to pickup some form of contract (most likely a WTS arrangement). At club level he packs down in all three front row positions, with a bit of professional training and adding a few more kgs to his frame he could become a good front row utility.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Pretty sure I caught you calling Fitzpatrick Kirkpatrick once too!.
And Fitzgerald - and wrong anyway - four or five is more like it.

The Reds?? er..um..er

Looking forward to seeing Quade Copper play at the ground tomorrow night in the NRC.

I think he'll drag a few more to Brookie also.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It is obvious that Adam Thomson is going to fill the number 6 or blindside flanker position, reading Richard Graham's statement in the SMH, "Along with Jake (Schatz) I believe Adam is one of the best aerial forwards in the modern game."
AAP.
This is in fact saying that Schatz will stay at No 8 and that Gill of course will fill the openside flanker position. The other loose forward players will come off the bench,subject to injury and playing form during the season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/reds/queensland-reds-snare-all-black-adam-thomson-for-2015-super-rugby-season-20141008-10rs3w.html#ixzz3FaTpzT9r

T

Train Without a Station

No wonder we're fucked if the coach has good 2 wallaby locks and is picking his number 8 based on line out ability.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
we could make up one of those silly "teams" selected to meet some criterion and posted to rugby web sites.
the "wrong names" team start with:

Adam Thompson
Steve Holies
Elton Flately
Tevita Kurindrani
his cousin Tevita Kurindriani
Israel Fulou
his cousin Israel Falou
Lindonner

who else is there?

Bifo

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
i just saw 12/1 the Reds to win the Soup next year.
that is surely way, way over the odds?

I reckon its pretty spot on for a team that didn't make the finals the previous year and will have a pretty 'new' team taking the field. If they win the first couple of games though watch that price come right in.

If you don't mind throwing some change away it might be worth jumping on the Force @ 51/1, I can see them going alright in 2015.

T

Train Without a Station

Guys. Looks like I may be relocating back to god's own country in 2015. Looking at getting a membership, just a couple of questions for existing members.

Was looking to pick up 3 silver memberships (as I'm not enough of a baller to afford Gold), one for myself, one for my old man, and one as a spare.

Are the ground staff vigilant with the names for the tickets aligning with the holder (I've heard Etihad are very hard on this for AFL games)?

Also, are the quality of the seats you get with the Silver decent?

Cheers fellow Queenslanders.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No - when I had season tickets with a friend in 2011 (we flew up for every home game from Sydney) we had a third that we shared between our dads who were both in Brisbane. The following year my dad and his brother had Suncorp Stadium memberships, and they frequently lent them to other people. No-one cares who has what ticket.

All seats in Suncorp are decent, but some are definitely more decent than others.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
All the memberships I've had in the past (whether organised by myself or my mates) have all been paid for and issued under one name and we've never had any problems with them being used by various people.

T

Train Without a Station

Excellent. Cheers fellas. Thought it would be good to bring a spare so either my dad or I could bring a mate along for games. Anything to boost up those crowd and membership numbers, right?

frenchman

Bob McCowan (2)
UJ Seuteni's older much bigger brother a tighthead prop Chris Seuteni....playing in France looks like he loves a scrum! Wonder if there has been contact there....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Excellent. Cheers fellas. Thought it would be good to bring a spare so either my dad or I could bring a mate along for games. Anything to boost up those crowd and membership numbers, right?

TWAS - looking after your old man - fantastic and well done

Obviously time to repay him for all the argumentative shit you gave him as a young fella :):):)

Welcome home !!!!!! See you at Bond Pirates;)

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
i just saw 12/1 the Reds to win the Soup next year.
that is surely way, way over the odds?

I'm not much of a gambler, but I like to have a few dollars on teams I don't like in order to mitigate my annoyance if they win (no offence to Reds fans, I just still haven't forgiven you for 2011).

Immediately after the Adam Thomson news broke yesterday I jumped on Sportsbet and got on the Reds at 17/1 - they've now come in to 13/1, so one signing has shifted the market by four bucks in one day. Crazy.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm looking forward to seeing McDuling kick on this year. In 2011 he was fantastic for the Reds A team - always made those important extra couple of meters in contact. That was before the two injuries of course, but I have been pretty happy with his performances for City.

If there's one thing this Reds squad has, it's consistency in depth. On any given week the players missing out on a spot could include Quirk, Schatz, Browning, Tui, A Fainga'a, Tapuai, McDuling, Kerevi, CFS even. The backrow competition in particular should be extremely fierce and I hope that, for our long term future, it pushes Quirk, Browning and Schatz to be the best they possibly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.