• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I'm not convinced that Goromaru is an automatic selection at 15 for the first couple of rounds, by trialling Karmichael there they at least have some redundancy in that position.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I get that. They are expecting Hunt to cover both, presumably on the basis the next best centre is better than the next best fullback. But that makes it very hard to get the best out of Hunt if he is eventually to move to the centres.

I guess either way RG is rolling the dice, but I would prefer Hunt spends as
much time as possible in the centres to build our 10, 12 & 13 combo and we give the next in line as much time as possible at 15.

I guess I'm not a super rugby coach though.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
And yet, RG continues to run Hunt at 15 in the trials. For mine, if The plan is to play Hunt in the centres then the more time he spends there in the trials the better.

but then you can't use the excuse that the new players are still learning the position, and the board cannot endorse this when re-signing the coach

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm not convinced that Goromaru is an automatic selection at 15 for the first couple of rounds, by trialling Karmichael there they at least have some redundancy in that position.

The problem is that its an odd choice for a redundancy player. Hunt is possibly our most expensive investment which wouldnt normally feature in a redundancy role. We are also sadly bereft of decission making play makers so to put that player at 15 is also odd. And in the mean time we are building no redundancy at 13, at least if you want more than a straight runner.

I get that Taulagi is out, but isnt there an outside back who can muster for a 15 redundancy role?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

wing also fills in as fullback for a lot of the time. I think he will bo on te wing and goto a true 15 when Khunt injects himself to centre to make something hapen

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
FUCK
On the other hand though we must have room under the cap now with so many players gone. Pocock on his way to the Reds in 2017 pretty much a certainty I'll organise the welcoming party.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
And who could begrudge him taking this opportunity with so many others in front of him in Oz rugby?

I do agree but it is still a great pity for an Australian fan and I am becoming worried about the depth in the Australian game with so many players in their prime leaving.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Graham isn't the real reason. If it was wouldn't he try to stay in Aus. I'm sure the Rebels or Force would've taken him in a heartbeat.

Main reason sounds like it's because the Wallabies are blocked to him but he really should've discussed his plans with Pocock because this is awful timing if Pocock leaves next year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Graham isn't the real reason. If it was wouldn't he try to stay in Aus. I'm sure the Rebels or Force would've taken him in a heartbeat.

I would understand if he didn't want to head to Perth, or even Melbourne with their dozen openside flankers.........

He would probably prefer to stay in Queensland, but if he's got to go he might as well get the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.